Is it possible to replace the bezel on an SNZ453?

Thread: Is it possible to replace the bezel on an SNZ453?

Is it possible to replace the bezel on an SNZ453?

Hi folks - I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question or something that's been asked before but I'm wondering if any of you who are more knowledgeable about Seikos know if the bezel on the Seiko SNZ453 (I tried to include a link but I can't yet) can be replaced with something more traditional to a dive watch.

I see a million options for bezels/bezel inserts on eBay for various Seiko models but that's not one that's listed. Any feedback or insight would be appreciated.

Re: Is it possible to replace the bezel on an SNZ453?

Does the bezel on your SNZ453 rotate? It appears to be a fixed, decorative piece based on photos.

The only watches that have alternative bezel and insert options are the Seiko divers since those cases have provisions for their operation (a trough for the ratcheting spring, a surface for a gasket to seat on, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by ap614 View Post
    Does the bezel on your SNZ453 rotate? It appears to be a fixed, decorative piece based on photos.

The only watches that have alternative bezel and insert options are the Seiko divers since those cases have provisions for their operation (a trough for the ratcheting spring, a surface for a gasket to seat on, etc.)
    It is a fixed bezel, so it appears I'm out of luck. Thanks for your response!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No problem. Rather than modifying this watch with a rotating bezel, consider trying out the whole package: the SKX013 is probably around the same fit on the wrist as your SNZ453 and can still be had for a reasonable price new. For less money there's the SNZF17 which is more of a sport watch but features a diver bezel. Note that it wears significantly larger.

Thread Information