Prospex Tuna
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Prospex Tuna

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prospex Tuna

Any guesses on when all new Tunas will wear the Prospex logo like the PADI Tuna. Unless I am overlooking something, the Tuna is the last Seiko diver untouched by that hideous logo, not including the now defunct skx.

Re: Prospex Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by mauserfan View Post
    Any guesses on when all new Tunas will wear the Prospex logo like the PADI Tuna. Unless I am overlooking something, the Tuna is the last Seiko diver untouched by that hideous logo, not including the now defunct skx.
    Hopefully never.

Why does everyone hate the Prospex logo so much? Never really understood such strong opinions on it... I feel like it's at least got some branding thought into is as opposed to the traditional Marinemaster text. While I love the idea of the Marinemaster text it's execution wasn't all that nicely branded.

But, to answer the original question, I have a hunch it will be released on new models going forward so I'd say when the current tuna life cycle ends and they refresh the line that's when you'll see the change.
    Simon and Biginboca like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It technically already has it on the crown, just not on the dial. Yet.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Graphically, I like the Prospex logo. I guess I should excuse myself now, where’s the door...

The only thing I don’t like about the Prospex logo is how they are laser engraving it on the crowns and it looks cheaply done. The old S logo crowns had depth and a quality look.

The Prospex signed crowns look like garbage. An unsigned crown is better than the poorly executed Prospex ones and I think Seiko realized it and that’s why they seem to be moving away from it.

Last edited by Biginboca; 2 Weeks Ago at 15:10.
    amngwlvs, Simon and Spring-Diver like this.

We’re talking Seiko here - it’s impossible to even begin to predict what they might or might not do.
    Simon and Razvan Radu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    We’re talking Seiko here - it’s impossible to even begin to predict what they might or might not do.
    Well you can predict they'll put the prices up and polarise everybody, and make weird design decisions, but otherwise yeah.

I have several Marine Master Tunas - I wouldnt care if they put a prospex on it - I think it is a well designed word & logo and to be honest, whether Marinemaster or Prospex badged, the important thing is the watch in form & function - and I think the Tuna is Seiko at its professional-spec best
    It will always be a marine master whatever the logo
    biff1971 likes this.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

^^^^ THIS^^^^
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

The more Seiko stick with and persevere with the prospex logo , the more i respect them for introducing it in the first place.
    Otherwise , if they were to just ditch it after say 2 years, because some dudes on the internet that make up 0.05% of their customers moan about it , they would look like dicks for not having the conviction to stand by their brand decisions.
    And i'd prefer the x logo than nothing at all on the crown cos its some extra detail to look at.
    dont like it dont buy it. easy.
    Simon likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information