Question about flanged spring bars and fat spring bars

Thread: Question about flanged spring bars and fat spring bars

Question about flanged spring bars and fat spring bars

Hey

I am pretty new on the forums here and still learning about watches and the parts. Have some questions about the spring bars.

I have my first watch modded by Jakeb coming my way very soon. The watch currently has the seiko fat spring bars.

Is it true that the fat spring bars are very difficult to take out and change bracelets/straps? Is it much better to get the flanged spring bars?

For the flanged spring bars, i looked on at the 10watches webstore, and they sell the flanged 22mm flanged spring bars.
    22mm FAT Spring Bar wt Flange ends -

But i believe that is just single flanged spring bar? I also read around and saw double flanged spring bars. What is the difference between the single and double flanged spring bars? Which one is better?

Thanks

Re: Question about flanged spring bars and fat spring bars

In my experience, flanged spring bars are extremely useful on watches without drilled lugs. This is especially true with certain watches that just seem to have less room to play with between the strap/bracelet and the inside of a lug.

With drilled lugs, however, I can't imagine that they'd offer any extra utility over "regular" spring bars, because you don't have to pry it out in those cases.

As far as double-flanged vs. flanged...well, honestly, I'm not so sure if there's any benefit to double-flanged other than there's just one extra place on each end to catch on to with the spring bar tool.

So yes...long story short, it has been my experience that flanged/double-flanged spring bars are easier to work with in many instances.

hey i dont know if my watch has drilled lugs?
    jakes building me a PMMM with a SKX171 watch. Would it be a good idea i get the flanged spring bar. I am new to watches and wont know how to take off the bracelet when i receieve it. I will have to learn and hope i dont scratch or mess up my first beautiful watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If your watch is a SKX171 it will not have drilled lugs. It's not too hard getting the regular spring bars off with some practice and the correct tool (i use the knife of my leatherman multitool as it is thin and has a bit of a curved edge, so all i do is twist the blade basically and they pop out) but the flanged bars ARE much easier to get off.

Thread Information