Question about non hacking seiko movements
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Question about non hacking seiko movements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Question about non hacking seiko movements

Hi all,

I have seen from a number of threads that it is possible to stop the second hand on a non hacking seiko by applying a little bit of back pressure to the crown. I would like to know whether this really is that risky or damaging to the movement? i.e. would i be okay just doing it once having just bought the watch from new?

Thanks in advance,

hazchrono

Re: Question about non hacking seiko movements

Quote Originally Posted by HazChrono View Post
    Hi all,

I have seen from a number of threads that it is possible to stop the second hand on a non hacking seiko by applying a little bit of back pressure to the crown. I would like to know whether this really is that risky or damaging to the movement? i.e. would i be okay just doing it once having just bought the watch from new?

Thanks in advance,

hazchrono
    No, it's not risky or damaging at all. Otherwise you wouldn't see so many posts from people who do it.
    Regards,

Gabe

And there would also be a ton of posts about "How I screwed up my watch".

Go right ahead Haz, back-hack away!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've done it, then felt bad I did it so I avoid it. I am super careful with my things, though. I don't even get my watches wet anymore, other than cleaning. Mostly I use my eyeglasses cleaning solution and cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPedersen View Post
    I've done it, then felt bad I did it so I avoid it. I am super careful with my things, though. I don't even get my watches wet anymore, other than cleaning. Mostly I use my eyeglasses cleaning solution and cloth.
    Gotta live a little!!

Now I'm gonna have to take back that 200k for the Credor. I'm not gonna have it sitting in your "Man Box" collecting cleaning solution fumes from it's neighbors.

I admit I have gotten a little nuts with the eyeglass cleaning solution. You can clean a lot of stuff with it. The other day I sprayed my laptop screen for cleaning, which was fine. I had some sliced cucumbers right next to my laptop that I didn't think twice about till I started eating them again. They tasted slightly off. I ate them anyway. Seconds later I went to cut up a few more with my case pocketknife, slipped and the blade went right through the cucumber and into my thumb. I haven't sharpened that knife in years and it is razorblade sharp. I screamed and flung my hand, blood spattered everywhere, including on my just cleaned laptop screen and cucumbers. I ate them anyway. Nothin stops me from eatin my cucumbers.
    iamsupersam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPedersen View Post
    I admit I have gotten a little nuts with the eyeglass cleaning solution. You can clean a lot of stuff with it. The other day I sprayed my laptop screen for cleaning, which was fine. I had some sliced cucumbers right next to my laptop that I didn't think twice about till I started eating them again. They tasted slightly off. I ate them anyway. Seconds later I went to cut up a few more with my case pocketknife, slipped and the blade went right through the cucumber and into my thumb. I haven't sharpened that knife in years and it is razorblade sharp. I screamed and flung my hand, blood spattered everywhere, including on my just cleaned laptop screen and cucumbers. I ate them anyway. Nothin stops me from eatin my cucumbers.
    please don't take this the wrong way....

but you sir, are an odd duck!

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

interesting to see a thread turning from back-hacking to bloody cucumbers...

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

I am a bit off..

Must be some damn good cucumbers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information