Sapphire Crystal Glass Upgrade @ Citizen UK

Thread: Sapphire Crystal Glass Upgrade @ Citizen UK

Sapphire Crystal Glass Upgrade @ Citizen UK

Hi,

Rather than just continue this discussion in my other thread, best fire up this one to get people interested.

After speaking with Citizen UK earlier this week, they have advised they will not offer a glass upgrade service (upgrading the standard mineral glass to sapphire crystal glass). Their comment was "if it wasn't born with saphhire glass we wont install sapphire glass" - even if there is the same design watch in the range with it.

Perfectionist & myself both think Citizen UK are missing a trick here and can potentially offer a superb service here whilst making extra money for themselves. We are already aware that the US Citizen Service Center already support these upgrades for a moderate fee, would it be that much to match their US counterpart?
    I can understand that the smaller office here might be understaffed and/or struggling with high workloads (arent we all?) but its worth while showing them there is a demand here in the UK and if they can't would it not be possible to dispatch watches to the US to have the work carried out there?

Please post your opinion and if you are interested we can get some numbers together and put it to them.

Cheers
    CP.

Re: Sapphire Crystal Glass Upgrade @ Citizen UK

The citizen US service center does not "support these upgrades" and they have posted about this in the past including the reasons why.

Sorry I must have missed the thread with the reasons why :(
    .:Edit:. LOL - and 60 seconds of searching, I find it.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=316395

Also if this thread upsets the Citizen US guys (if they reconsider and think about pulling the service) I'll get this thread deleted (*I dont wanna ruin it for you anyone).
    Last edited by CPhoenix; November 6th, 2009 at 00:39.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Isthmus View Post
    The citizen US service center does not "support these upgrades" and they have posted about this in the past including the reasons why.
    COA offers the sapphire crystal swap only for US Skyhawk AT and Calibre 2100 customers that wish to do so.

well today i have just bought this watch in the titanium style, was after the attesa but having to order without trying it on and no returns i decided to visit a jewellers, tried a few on then tried the skyhawk in stainless, felt nice, then tried the titanium, wow it felt great is there any more news on the saphire replacement? if it cant be done in the uk, does anyone know how much citizen would charge to get a new mineral glass fitted when the inevitable happens! thanks tony.

Hi,

Is the Titanium one not already with saffier?

In Euroland it is.

cheers , Elf
    Hey man , watch the road man , WATCH the road !!!

hi elf, i dont know? i am assuming it only has the mineral glass fitted but dont know for sure, theres nothing in the manual about it, can anyone help? would love to think its already got it. tony.

just found a site that says its got, non reflective scratch resistant mineral crystal. is that saphire or not?

Hi,

Mineral is mineral .

I looked at the UK-Citizensite, and indeed the Skyhawk titanium in the UK is delivered with mineral glass insted of saphire.

Pfiewww ,there are so many dif. types.

Proost , Elf
    Hey man , watch the road man , WATCH the road !!!

many thanks for that inf> its a shame but am not too worried, ive had a sekonda for 16 years and thats mineral and not a mark on it so hopefully if i am lucky the skyhawk will be the same, i had saphire down as one of the wanted things in my new watch, and after trying a few others the skyhawk felt right so i bought it and surely that should be the main reason as to why we spend our hard earned i do love this watch! tony.
    Last edited by Tonyblade; February 7th, 2010 at 00:11. Reason: wrong tag

Thread Information