SBDJ 013 Solar Dive Watch Troubleshooting Help!

Thread: SBDJ 013 Solar Dive Watch Troubleshooting Help!

SBDJ 013 Solar Dive Watch Troubleshooting Help!

I recently purchased from that auction site a Seiko SBDJ-013 titanium solar diver. From what I understand this was a JDM model (please correct that if Iím wrong). I love this watch, itís light weight, looks great, and is a bit of a unique piece for Seiko with its all black bezel.

The issue Iím having with it is it will run intermittently. Iíve charged it in direct sunlight (3 days worth) and I store it near a window never in a drawer at all times since Iíve had it. The watch will stop ticking every night around 11:35pm if not on wrist. No second hand 2 second skip warning or anything. And recently it has started stopping even when on wrist at random times.

At first I would unscrew the crown set the time correctly and when pushing the stem back in it would run correctly again, but now Iíve discovered that simply jostling or taping on the watch will start the movement back running again. Occasionally if Iíve noticed it stopped running and Iím correcting the time when I engage the stem the second hand will run at double speed, but will be corrected by pulling out the stem and pushing it back in again.

Does anyone have any idea whatís going on with this? Is this an issue a watchmaker could correct or is this an issue that needs to be handled by the Seiko service center in New Jersey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: SBDJ 013 Solar Dive Watch Troubleshooting Help!

My first stop with solar watches is usually to let it soak for a couple of days outside in the sun. Window glass seems to suck all the goodness out of the light. However, I’m suspecting that this is not the issue here and a trip to the watchmaker’s may be indicated.

Re: SBDJ 013 Solar Dive Watch Troubleshooting Help!

Was this ever resolved? Just curious since I have the same model. Unlike sticky, I never leave solar watches in direct sunlight and have always found it takes very little ambient light to keep my solar watches topped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information