Seiko 200m Automatic Divers SKXA49J / SKXA49K
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lane

Thread: Seiko 200m Automatic Divers SKXA49J / SKXA49K

Seiko 200m Automatic Divers SKXA49J / SKXA49K

I want to buy a Seiko 200m Automatic Diver. I am looking both on eBay and SuperChrono. I have three questions I hope someone here can answer for me.

1. Does SuperChrono have a decent reputation for delivering genuine, new Seiko products (also Pokemonyu and Premierworld)?

2. The model offered by SuperChrono is a SKXA49J and the photo shows a amber tint, but I want the plain stainless steel finished and shown on this SKXA49K. Is this the lighting in the picture? What are the differences between these two model numbers?

3. I noticed that some 200m Automatic Divers say "Automatic 200m" on the face, while others add "21 Jewels" to the writing of the face. Are these the same watch? Should I buy one over the other?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Regards,

Michael

[email protected]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Seiko 200m Automatic Divers SKXA49J / SKXA49K

Have you considered these (pics from chronograph.com, seiyajapan.com and random web finds) - they are my favorite Seiko divers....

WetbehindEars likes this.

Re: Seiko 200m Automatic Divers SKXA49J / SKXA49K

The watches that end in J are made in Japan and usually cost more. The watches that end in K are made in Singapore. I think it was just bad lighting that made that watch look gold instead of steel. It's a SS watch, not a gold one.

As for the 21 jewel vs Automatic on the dial, I don't know about that. That might be a subtle difference between the Japanese made model and the Singapore made model.

That watch is called the Black Knight and is very popular so you should get some decent responses. I don't own it just yet. I plan on getting one, or possible the white version, I haven't made up my mind yet.

Thread Information