I want to show you my latest restoration project. It is a Seiko 6139-8020 with chocolate coloured dial. I bought it for repair, not running. It was dirty with lot of gunk and human DNA on the case, pushers and bracelet - as usual. As you can see the glass was awfully glued in the case. There was a lack of chrono minute register hand and the sweep second hand was loosened. What is more there was a problem with day disk - it wasn't work.
Now it's time for strip down and bath
And first surprise - day disk was glued with some kind of "superglue" to the gear. As you can see it wasn't a good choice and it wasn't work properly.
Dial date and serial number are properly - that is good
Everywhere dirt, old oil
Another surprise - bended clutch spring. It was reason why the reset chrono wasn't work. The pusher was stop and reset hammer wasn't reach the "heart" on the chrono runner. That's not good
I had nothing to loose so I tried to repair it - I gently bent the spring downwards and voila it's work now
What the hack - another surprise? The slipping end of mainspring was broken. I didn't have any donor movement and spare parts so I decided to rivet the slipping end to the mainspring. Two holes were made with 0.2mm diameter drill. Rivet was made from some soft steel. The effect of this work you can see on the photos below. Mainspring works now properly, there is a good power reserve so I think it is good.
Now it's time to assembly the movement.
I used epoxy resin to combine the day disk with the gear. Maybe it isn't a professional method but it's better than superglue and I think it will be durable.
Movement works well so it's time for bench test for 1-2 days. Meanwhile I could take care of the case and pushers. I gave them some polishing - not to much because I didn't want to loose the orginal edge's sharpness. Ohh I replaced the crystal - the old one was badly glued in the case.
Let's reach the end of work
Few words about performance of this movement. As you cna see the accuracy is below the 10s/24h and an amplitude is something about 230-240 degrees, BE is 0,1ms. For me it is well result. I am full satisfactory about this project and I think it will be a good timekeeper.