Seiko 7002 Movement - Is this a Seiko, Feiko or Other?
Hi Forum People,
I've just purchased a 'modified' Seiko 7002-7000 dive watch, with a February 1992 build date on the caseback.
In looking at the movement, no part of it is signed or inclusive of any branding?
The watch is certainly modified with a replacement aftermarket dial, (Arnie style) hands,
gold marker chapter ring & gold text bezel insert. The case itself & bezel appear to be
The date wheel is actually silver in colour, with black text. The stem operation for changing the time/date
works as per the 7S26 style, where the first position changes the date and the second position changes
the time. From my research, the 7002 movement has one stem-out position only, where rotating one direction
changes the time and the other direction changes the date (is this correct?).
- It seems to me that it's not a 7002 movement, even though text or markings may have been polished off the rotor.
- There's no text or signature elements on other parts of the movement.
- The stem operation & date/time adjust don't match with my understanding of how a 7002 works?
- The watch started up fine with a few shakes and seems to run well, even though I only received it today.
- The whole watch seems like a 'mongrel-knock-together', but I kind of like the look of it & I did buy it for my first mod project!!
Anyway, all comments welcome and assistance with an ID on the movement would be appreciated!