Seiko Brightz [emoji108]
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Seiko Brightz [emoji108]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Member merl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,662

    Seiko Brightz

    Received this one a few days ago.
    Ti, highgrade 4S movement, enamel dial, one of the more complicated Seiko movements with its retrograde weekday and independent GMT hand, unique case, great size....what is not to like


    Instagram: watcher40
    Instagram: @watcher40

  2. #2
    Member Mr Auto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: Seiko Brightz

    I like it reminds me of my old SARG 009 (I miss that watch)

    Any dimensions? are these still beong made?

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member merl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,662

    Re: Seiko Brightz

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Auto View Post
    I like it reminds me of my old SARG 009 (I miss that watch)

    Any dimensions? are these still beong made?

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    38mm excl. crown.
    These were available beginning of the 2000s

    Instagram: watcher40
    Instagram: @watcher40

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Lordofrings's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    106

    Re: Seiko Brightz

    Too much busy dial to my taste.

  6. #5
    Member merl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,662

    Re: Seiko Brightz

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordofrings View Post
    Too much busy dial to my taste.
    That is okay, I love it

    Instagram: watcher40
    Instagram: @watcher40

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    28

    Re: Seiko Brightz

    Very nice. I like this one. Does it have a jump hour function?


    Mr. Blue
    merl likes this.

  8. #7
    Member merl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,662

    Re: Seiko Brightz

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue View Post
    Very nice. I like this one. Does it have a jump hour function?


    Mr. Blue
    Thanks, the left register shows the home hour. The main hour hand is a independent GMT hour hand which is only a jump hour when manually set by the crown at 2 o'clock. It runs normally when running.

    Instagram: watcher40
    Instagram: @watcher40

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    28

    Re: Seiko Brightz

    Quote Originally Posted by merl View Post
    Thanks, the left register shows the home hour. The main hour hand is a independent GMT hour hand which is only a jump hour when manually set by the crown at 2 o'clock. It runs normally when running.

    Instagram: watcher40

    A true GMT. The only type of GMT watch I'd want to own.

    I'm really liking your watch and after some digging I came up with the reference for it, SAGN007.

    I also found this write-up about the movement:

    Introduced in 1992, the 4S calibres architecture is based on Seiko’s calibre 52 from the 1970’s, which can be considered one of the most affordable high-quality automatic movements. The monometallic balance wheel is protected by Seiko’s proprietary Paraflex system and is paced at 28,800 A/h (4 Hz). The rotor winds in both direction thanks to Seiko’s proprietary “Magic Lever” system. This 12 lines-wide movement with eccentric fine-tuning screw can run for 50 hours and features date and weekday registers. The register at 9 o’clock allows keeping track of a reference time, while the pusher at 2 o’clock allows changing the 12 hour time without hacking the seconds hand.

    It's an impressive watch. If I found a nice example of this reference, I'd buy it.


    Mr. Blue
    merl, Mr Auto, NC_Hager626 and 1 others like this.

  10. #9
    Member merl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,662

    Re: Seiko Brightz

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue View Post
    A true GMT. The only type of GMT watch I'd want to own.

    I'm really liking your watch and after some digging I came up with the reference for it, SAGN007.

    I also found this write-up about the movement:

    Introduced in 1992, the 4S calibres architecture is based on Seiko’s calibre 52 from the 1970’s, which can be considered one of the most affordable high-quality automatic movements. The monometallic balance wheel is protected by Seiko’s proprietary Paraflex system and is paced at 28,800 A/h (4 Hz). The rotor winds in both direction thanks to Seiko’s proprietary “Magic Lever” system. This 12 lines-wide movement with eccentric fine-tuning screw can run for 50 hours and features date and weekday registers. The register at 9 o’clock allows keeping track of a reference time, while the pusher at 2 o’clock allows changing the 12 hour time without hacking the seconds hand.

    It's an impressive watch. If I found a nice example of this reference, I'd buy it.


    Mr. Blue
    Its a steal compared to what Seiko sells today for todays prices and what this mode delivers. There is also a three and a four hander model with the same case, the four hander also has a 4S movement. My 6 hander also comes with a blue enamel dial, which seems gorgeous but is even harder to find.
    Your best shot for getting this model is on auctions Yahoo, that is where I got mine.

    Instagram: watcher40
    Instagram: @watcher40

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: Seiko Brightz

    Love that series-Congrats on great score! Great pics too, any chance you could share a view of the bracelet's clasp too?
    merl likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •