Seiko Presage for Weddings/Formal
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: Seiko Presage for Weddings/Formal

Seiko Presage for Weddings/Formal

Hi guys,

Would love some advice regarding which watch to purchase. I've got 3 weddings to attend and have been looking into which watch to purchase. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the Seiko Presage line. Now, the issue I'm facing is which one to purchase. I will be wearing it to all 3 weddings most likely. I fell in love with the champagne dial with silver case but am not sure how it would look on a black, grey or navy suit. Would love to have your opinions on this, or better yet if someone has the watch please let me know how it goes with different variations of formal wear. The other option is the standard SRPB43J.

Lastly, would the presage's with the power reserve indicator and date wheel be tacky on a suit/formal event or would they be fine?

I've attached images of the two mentioned above.
    Name:  seiko silver.PNG
Views: 51
Size:  582.1 KBName:  presage gold.PNG
Views: 50
Size:  734.3 KB

Thanks a lot!

Re: Seiko Presage for Weddings/Formal

I would go for the blue/silver dial. Try to think which one you would like to wear most after the weddings since you and the watch will be together for some time to come.
    grailer likes this.

I would go with the champagne dial silver case with a PR indicator. For me, the champagne dial would be more versatile than the blue dial when it comes to wearing black, grey or a navy suit. And, no, the PR indicator with the date subdial would not be tacky at a suit/formal event.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the blue/silver dial with the PR. Bought to wear for my daughter’s wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Tapatalk using iPad

Facing the same choice a month or so ago, I went with the blue / silver dial too. My one beef with it is that, between the color and reflective texture of the dial, it can be tricky to read in some lighting. It’s a great watch-as-ornament if you’re looking for something that can split the difference between dressy and casual, but as a timepiece I would probably go with the champagne dial model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information