WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seiko and Seiko 5, what's the difference?

14K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  RotorRonin 
#1 ·
O.K. this is one of those thing you would think I should know being my father was a watch maker and Seiko dealer, and I'm sure has been posted before, but I just don't remember seeing the Seiko 5 emblem around when I was a kid. I was thinking I've heard Seiko 5 was more of there sports line?, but I don't know. I've seen some from the 60s shown on the web so I don't know how I missed them. I know the 60s where pretty wild and some people don't remember alot from those years but I'm not that old. :-d

I was just at a friends jewelery store yesterday and she also grew up in the business and sells Seiko's and she was wandering the same thing.

Sorry for asking the dumb question but sometimes the brain just don't work right. :-s

#5 ·
#4 ·
Thanks guys. I knew there was a place it had to be listed, I just wasn't seeing it.

#7 ·
Personally I don't give a f*ck if the dial says "5" or if it doesn't.

I don't care, I care about my watches.

If i see a Seiko that I like (and if I can afford it at that time) I get it.

My OM does NOT say "5" on it's dial yet it has the same 7s26 movement a Seiko "5" has, , some of them have the so called 7s36 movement, which are (basically) the same.

Don't worry about your Seiko having a "5" on its dial or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.