Seiko SJE073J1 Owners! - What kind of accuracy are you getting?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark37
  • 1 Post By Sassi

Thread: Seiko SJE073J1 Owners! - What kind of accuracy are you getting?

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    44

    Seiko SJE073J1 Owners! - What kind of accuracy are you getting?

    Hello WUS members! Just wanted to reach out to any Seiko SJE073J1 owners and ask what kind of accuracy you’re getting with your 6L35 movement? I just picked up a hold over, brand new piece from my AD. Couldn’t believe they kept one back considered they were somewhat in demand.

    Anyhow, I’m getting about +14 seconds per day over the first 2 days, which I guess is within spec, but I’m still surprised. Figured I need to wait a few months to see how it settles of course. The piece is just beautiful so I’m not really bothered but I’d love to know other people’s experience with the watch; and impressions of the watch for that matter.

    I appreciate any comments.

    Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

    Sassi likes this.

  2. #2
    Member Sassi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    385

    Re: Seiko SJE073J1 Owners! - What kind of accuracy are you getting?

    Here is mine. I have not worn it much. Too big for my liking. I should try to sell it.

    Name:  385E3C9F-AD1D-4F6B-99B1-F0A1FAA067FE.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  163.7 KB

    Average out of all the times I have worn it is +2.9 sec/day.
    MrDisco99 likes this.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    694

    Re: Seiko SJE073J1 Owners! - What kind of accuracy are you getting?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark37 View Post
    Hello WUS members! Just wanted to reach out to any Seiko SJE073J1 owners and ask what kind of accuracy you’re getting with your 6L35 movement? I just picked up a hold over, brand new piece from my AD. Couldn’t believe they kept one back considered they were somewhat in demand.

    Anyhow, I’m getting about +14 seconds per day over the first 2 days, which I guess is within spec, but I’m still surprised. Figured I need to wait a few months to see how it settles of course. The piece is just beautiful so I’m not really bothered but I’d love to know other people’s experience with the watch; and impressions of the watch for that matter.

    I appreciate any comments.

    Thanks in advance!
    Better too fast than too slow. I have a Seiko Automatic that ran about as fast as yours and eventually settled at about +6s/day. It took about a year and a half to get that much improvement.
    When you're not wearing it, keeping the watch on it's side with the crown up may help a little. Most of my mechanicals run a little slower in that position.
    Nice pickup of a lovely watch. Enjoy it.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassi View Post
    Here is mine. I have not worn it much. Too big for my liking. I should try to sell it.

    Name:  385E3C9F-AD1D-4F6B-99B1-F0A1FAA067FE.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  163.7 KB

    Average out of all the times I have worn it is +2.9 sec/day.
    That’s pretty darn good. I definitely get how the size of the dial looks/is larger than it could have been designed. But I’ve noticed the size looks more odd in the watch box then on wrist.

    Thanks for the detailed feedback!

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Watch19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark37 View Post
    Hello WUS members! Just wanted to reach out to any Seiko SJE073J1 owners and ask what kind of accuracy you’re getting with your 6L35 movement? I just picked up a hold over, brand new piece from my AD. Couldn’t believe they kept one back considered they were somewhat in demand.


    Anyhow, I’m getting about +14 seconds per day over the first 2 days, which I guess is within spec, but I’m still surprised. Figured I need to wait a few months to see how it settles of course. The piece is just beautiful so I’m not really bothered but I’d love to know other people’s experience with the watch; and impressions of the watch for that matter.

    I appreciate any comments.

    Thanks in advance!
    Better too fast than too slow. I have a Seiko Automatic that ran about as fast as yours and eventually settled at about +6s/day. It took about a year and a half to get that much improvement.
    When you're not wearing it, keeping the watch on it's side with the crown up may help a little. Most of my mechanicals run a little slower in that position.
    Nice pickup of a lovely watch. Enjoy it.
    Thanks for the tip Watch19. I definitely prefer the watch running fast vs. slow, and I was happy for that scenario. It’s already settling down and it was +4 to 5 when on wrist over the weekend. It’s fastest in traditional position in the box. Going to leave it crown up and see how that goes but I’m more confident now it’s going to be great in the long run.

    I like dive watches mainly so this was a dressier change of pace for me. Considering my luck in picking it up so late from release and it’s place in my collection I’ve got no regrets so far.

    Really appreciate the feedback!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •