seiko turtle padi, screwdown crown care?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Tr1ple7s
  • 1 Post By flydiver
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: seiko turtle padi, screwdown crown care?

seiko turtle padi, screwdown crown care?

hello, i have been browsing the forums for a longtime now and i have decided to make an account and post my first question.

i am a long time buyer of seiko watches and they are my favorite watch brand when it comes to divers. just today i picked up a new acquisition, the seiko padi turtle.

upon screwing the crown gently in the first time i noticed it resisted slightly and so i immediately backed it off and tried again. ever since its been screwing in perfectly. hopefully i didn't damage the threading the first time. what im wondering is if there is a secret to screwing these in without accidentally cross threading the crown.

thanks in advance.
    flydiver likes this.

Re: seiko turtle padi, screwdown crown care?

welcome to the forums! you did the right thing buy backing it off when you felt resistance. one trick you can do is gently push in the crown and turn it counter clockwise a half turn, then begin turning it clockwise to screw in. this way the crown will seat properly in the thread opening.
    Tr1ple7s likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flydiver View Post
    you did the right thing buy backing it off when you felt resistance. one trick you can do is gently push in the crown and turn it counter clockwise a half turn, then begin turning it clockwise to screw in. this way the crown will seat properly in the thread opening.
    That is a very good advise.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by flydiver View Post
    welcome to the forums! you did the right thing buy backing it off when you felt resistance. one trick you can do is gently push in the crown and turn it counter clockwise a half turn, then begin turning it clockwise to screw in. this way the crown will seat properly in the thread opening.
    +1
    Perfect advice from Fly. You did just the right thing by not forcing the matter.
    Tr1ple7s likes this.

thank you for your help, i knew joining the forums would pay off !

Thread Information