Seiko wins
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Seiko wins

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seiko wins

Been wearing various other brands on rotation lately - but came back to this Seiko SLA025 today
    Popped it on a different strap lying in the drawer & Bingo - what a beauty
    I dunno - i'm always thinking of this watch and that - and coveting this and wanting that & then I see what I have
    and for a short while I'm thrilled - wish this contentment lasted before I was on to something else
    Name:  IMG_6148.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  1.61 MB
    Last edited by Simon; November 24th, 2019 at 20:40.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Re: Seiko wins

That is a very nice watch, enjoy it !

Glad you brought back that seiko love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The strap looks good on your Seiko - the yellow strip complements the indexes. Enjoy your reacquaintance with your old "friend".
    Simon likes this.

It’s a beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Simon likes this.
    What you gotta do, you gotta do!!!

Collection :
    Omega, Rolex, Blancpain, Zenith, Tudor, IWC

That looks lovely Si but it’s only a matter of time before the Tunas start kicking up a fuss.
    Simon and shmilda like this.

I don't blame you, I was very impressed with the 025 when I tried it on last year at a local AD. Being the Sport Watch winner at Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève was deserving.
    Simon likes this.
    MIKE

Thanks Mike

I have been surprised by the lack of positivity to this watch - various criticisms, often contradictory, from it being too expensive, being too close to the original when it should have come with a new bracelet and wider lugs than original; not authentic enough to the original at 2mm thicker (this was to enable it to be used as a pro saturation diver - the original was only for air diving); not adjusted movement, not right golden colour etc

It was expensive (even with discount) - but compared to other watches in similar price range I thought worth it; a very limited production run with no mass produced cheaper versions; a revisit of a true legendary Seiko, hand-built and Zaratsu polished in GS factory, a top drawer beautiful movement even if unadjusted etc And I was delighted it was recognised by winning the best new sport watch at the Grand Prox d'Horologie de Geneve - quite the accolade.

I think its a bit special
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

It's perhaps my favourite looking Seiko diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Thanks Mike

I have been surprised by the lack of positivity to this watch - various criticisms, often contradictory, from it being too expensive, being too close to the original when it should have come with a new bracelet and wider lugs than original; not authentic enough to the original at 2mm thicker (this was to enable it to be used as a pro saturation diver - the original was only for air diving); not adjusted movement, not right golden colour etc

It was expensive (even with discount) - but compared to other watches in similar price range I thought worth it; a very limited production run with no mass produced cheaper versions; a revisit of a true legendary Seiko, hand-built and Zaratsu polished in GS factory, a top drawer beautiful movement even if unadjusted etc And I was delighted it was recognized by winning the best new sport watch at the Grand Prox d'Horologie de Geneve - quite the accolade.

I think its a bit special
    I had the good fortune to try this on at my AD. I cannot afford it but I would love to have it. I think there is only one thing wrong with it (although I could live with it, and Seiko has done this a on few in the MM family), the red painted stoplight. Wish it were lume and wish it were what I call baby asprin orange. Oh well...
    Simon and sernsin like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information