Somebody to do a cleaning/service on a couple old Seiko divers...

Thread: Somebody to do a cleaning/service on a couple old Seiko divers...

Somebody to do a cleaning/service on a couple old Seiko divers...

If I'm posting this in the wrong place, please let me know.

I have two old Seikos that have ceased to run... One is a 7002-7036 with a Pepsi bezel, and the other is a 6309-729A that has had a "Tuna" dial and some fish skeleton hands - the watch was purchased from an outfit named Kontrol (if I remember correctly) on eBay. Is there anybody on the site that does this, or does anyone have a recommendation?

azwarner in Queen Creek, AZ. USA

Re: Somebody to do a cleaning/service on a couple old Seiko divers...

If money is no object, I can't recommend Eric at Clock Savant (https://clocksavant.com/), out of Northern VA. enough. He did a great job on my 4502 King Seiko. Awesome communication, great documentation, the turnaround was a bit long, but the wait was worth it. He's a good follow on Instagram too.

He is not cheap though, so if they are not worth that much to you, consider a local watchmaker. A google search turns up a bunch in the Phoenix area. Hopefully a forum member from the area could suggest one they've got personal experience with.

Well - I like these watches, but they're NOT heirlooms by any means, and they are certainly not Kings or Grands... I didn't know if there was a hobbyist on the site who wanted ho hone his/her craft and make a few bucks while doing it...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

JAA

I have personal experience, but I've stumbled across good reviews about Time Zone, Costa Mesa, CA. I'm sure there are others...
    Last edited by JAA; 1 Week Ago at 04:34.

Try your luck with Spencer Klein.

Last I knew, Spencer Klein has a backlog of at least a year and might not be accepting new work. Eric Greenberg (ClockSavant) does great work and has a reputation as one of the better watchmakers on the East Coast. He recently overhauled a 1967 62MAS for me. I’d guess his backlog at 4 to 6 months, but that’s just my guess based on the work he did on my watch.

In either case, I can’t imagine that it would make economic sense to have watchmakers of this caliber work on a 7002 or a 6309-729A unless they are particularly special to you. The cost of service would likely be several multiples of the watch’s market value. Better, I think, to find someone local to you and less expensive.

Thread Information