Strap alternatives for the champagne Kakume?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HaymondWong
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: Strap alternatives for the champagne Kakume?

Strap alternatives for the champagne Kakume?

Hey gang, just picked up a Kakume champagne dial with an AM bracelet. Plus, due to some bruising on my wrist from surgery, I'm forced to start wearing my watches on straps on my other wrist. (The bracelets are all sized for my weenie left wrist.)

So, let's see some strap options. I know due to the short, thick lugs, this watch works best on a bracelet, but for now I'm going to play around with straps. Lug width is 18mm but I believe it's 22mm to the outside of the short lugs (i.e. each lug is 2mm wide). I was thinking of getting a 22mm and notching it to the 18mm lug width. Has anyone tried something similar?

Let's see what you've got.

Re: Strap alternatives for the champagne Kakume?

This is a common problem with some Seiko models. My 1997 Age of Discovery kinetic takes a similar strap end. I asked my strap maker about making me one but he said it was rather tricky. So, I hunted online and luckily found a OEM replacement in Holland! Grabbed it for $80. The other simpler solution is to buy just the 18mm wide strap, in a worst case scenario..I had seen online shots of this model with straight 18mm strap but I wanted to match the original strap design.
    rfortson likes this.

Re: Strap alternatives for the champagne Kakume?

You’re right - it does look good on a bracelet. If it was mine I’d think about slinging it on an 18mm mid brown strap if I was going to equip it with leather.
    rfortson likes this.

Thread Information