Superchrono website gone?

Thread: Superchrono website gone?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Superchrono website gone?

My bookmark for Superchrono -

http://www.superchrono.com/index.php...=index&cPath=2

- is now returning the dread "404 Not Found" message. I went to www.superchrono.com, and it says "Page is currently under maintenance" Usually pages like that are just placeholders.

Did they go out of business?

Re: Superchrono website gone?

This started around Saturday. I could go to the main page, but not the watch specific product pages. Hopefully it is just maintenance.

Very odd maintenance, if it's been that way for two days and counting,. Especially since they were 'closed' for all of Monday (it's 2 am Tuesday in Singapore now!). I'd guess they do most of their business via the internet rather than storefront, so it's hard to believe 'maintenance' would be allowed to cause them such a huge dollar loss.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, I noticed they were down pretty much all weekend. I know I came to their defense when you had some trouble with them and customs a while back (that was you, right Jim?), but I too had a small snafu with them recently. I ordered a blue dial Sawtooth from them, received the tracking number, but they never sent the watch to FedEx. Finally, after multiple emails to them, they finally sent the watch to FedEx, a week later.

It seemed kind of strange to me, because up to that point, my multiple transactions with them were top notch.

Old Spice, the delay in shipping your Sawtooth suggests possible cash-flow issues with Superchrono

You know, I did receive this rather odd private message from a WUS member back while I was having customs issues with Superchrono...

hi jim,

i recently ordered and received (dec.21) a seiko watch from superchrono.com. i just read about your troubles. the thing that caught my attention was that the contact info you have for superchrono is 'goh'. that is my last name!! it is certainly not the last name of the superchrono representative that you are working with. in any event, hopefully you get everything sorted out. i received my watch without any customs hassles (apart from paying canadian duty/taxes) so perhaps your experience is an isolated incident. i do find it troubling that somehow my personal info is on your order though...

I just thought it an odd coincidence at the time, my contact at Superchrono having the same last name as this poster - "Goh" However, perhaps there were other issues starting to surface at Superchrono.

I didn't mention it earlier - but there was a brief delay (1 day) in the shipping of my watch that "Goh" apologized for in an e-mail he sent to me. I was disappointed, because everything I had read about them suggested they normally had a superfast turn around time on orders.

And then failing to attach the customs documentation to my package seemed inexcusable for an experienced international vendor like Superchrono. They also seemed unwilling, or unable, to provide that documentation to Fed Ex when requested. Strange!

And now the website has been down for 3 days. I think we're seeing the picture emerge of a troubled business here. I just hope no one else at WUS has an outstanding order with them. I'd be sweating bullets if I did.

All of my email correspondence was with this "Goh" person as well. Interesting.

Website is still down, BTW. That's 4 days and counting. As Han Solo might say - "I've got a bad feeling about this"

I wanted to buy Seiko Sporutra on superchrono.com, but before "the last click" on paypal I changed my mind and stopped the transfer (oris F1 was in my mind :) ).

One day after, I decided to 100% that I want seiko, so I loged in and strangly the watch grow from $350 to $500. Then I noticed that they have serious problem with the database. I send an email them, and they replyed me very informative message:

hi, w ehave stop !
    hi, also no more for this !
    So it seems that they are seriously ended.

Yeah, by now it's almost a certainty that Superchrono is out of business. Their website has been gone for 8 days - no web-based business can possibly require (or survive) that much 'maintenance'.

i got 3 watches from superchrono... was a damn nice dealer :(

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information