Wow, I am so late doing these unveilings, the "one watch a day" thing I'm doing in the WRUW threads is taking so much of my free time. So, I'll combine three unveilings in this one (huge) post.

Here is the first package, from the Saitama district in Japan, which should give you a hint who it is from! :-D

Click for Big Image

And if the district didn't help, seeing the grocery bag with the newsprint inside may help!

Click for Big Image

Hmm, blank newsprint is unusual, I usually get the advertising section of the local newspaper.

Click for Big Image

The usual bubble-wrap bundle is found inside the newsprint.

Click for Big Image

And there is the first watch of this unveiling.

Click for Big Image

It is a stainless steel cased 1955 Seiko "Super", on a very old strap!

Click for Big Image

Here is a closer look, I like the thin lines to the cardinal points! This is a 17 jewel hand-wind movement, and this example features a "antishock" design, that my other, gold-plated 1955 Seiko Super doesn't have.

Click for Big Image

A look at the crown side.

Click for Big Image

And here is the other, plain side.

Click for Big Image

Here is the required vintage watch case-back picture too! :-D

Click for Big Image

Here are both of my 1955 Seiko Supers. side by side.

Click for Big Image

Okay, package #2! Gee whiz, it's looks familiar!! :-D

Click for Big Image

The grocery bag...

Click for Big Image

Ahh, now I get the local newspaper...

Click for Big Image

The bubble wrap...

Click for Big Image

And the second watch. Hey, no strap on this one?

Click for Big Image

Nah, you don't get a strap with a pocket watch! :-D

Click for Big Image

Here is a closer look, it's another 1955 Seiko hand-wind, with a 17-Jewel Diashock movement. This one is a Seiko "Unique" model.

Click for Big Image

Here is the crown...

Click for Big Image

This is the bottom of the watch, where you can barely see the rectangular section that can be pushed in to mount an "omega" shaped loop to put the watch on a chain. Unfortunately I didn't get the fob attachment with this one, but I know a machinist that can make one for me!

Click for Big Image

This is the case-back, with a neat golf ball pattern. The assumption is that you woud carry this watch when golfing, instead of wearing a wristwatch which could be damaged by the shock and vibration of your club striking the golf ball. :-O

Click for Big Image

So here are my three 1955 Seiko hand-wind watches! i955 is an important year to me and my family! And I love the Seiko "S" too! But, I have one more unveiling to go!!!

Click for Big Image

Here is the third package I'm showing...

Click for Big Image

And inside... :-O

What the heck is this!?!?

Click for Big Image

Ha! It's weird ties!! :-D This one is a general "antique watch/clock" tie.

Click for Big Image

This one is what caught my eye at the sellers auction page, it's a Seiko tie!! How could I resist!!

Click for Big Image

The friendly seller had a total of four ties for sale, and I talked him into a discount if I bought all four. This tie is Tobacco themed, the unique pepper sauce made by the McIlhenny Company on Avery Island, a salt dome in New Orleans Louisiana.

Click for Big Image

This final tie is also about Tabasco and the McIlhenny Company, and a sideline if theirs, Neptune Brand oysters.

Click for Big Image

Well, that was my triple unveiling, with dual 1955 Seikos, and some very sophisticated silk ties! :-D

I still have another one or two to do, so toodle-loo!

- Thomas