Unfortunate First Watch Sarb035 experience - Advice Needed!
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Unfortunate First Watch Sarb035 experience - Advice Needed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3

    Unfortunate First Watch Sarb035 experience - Advice Needed!

    Hi all, I would like to share my experience and also seek some help regarding my first watch experience.

    After much consideration, I decided to pull the plug on a sarb035 and bought it from Amazon.com. The watch arrived today.

    However, upon close inspection of the watch, the case back had a few ugly scratches in the center. Needless to say, I am quite disappointed because this is supposed to be brand new and the least I can expect is for the watch to arrive in a decent condition.

    On top of that, my warranty card also came totally empty with nothing filled, except the “sold by” field. I had a look around the forum and apparently this is supposed to be normal for a “gray market” dealer?

    The watch also came with ruffled plastics for the strap, and no plastic at all for the front and back of the case.

    Guys, I really need some advice on what I can do about this. Are these things that I highlighted normal? I feel kinda disappointed and cheated and I am wondering if there is anything I can do to remedy this situation.

    Pardon me, I am posting from my phone so I will just attach the photos for reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images






  2. #2
    Member Sergeant Major's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Parrish, Florida
    Posts
    146

    Re: Unfortunate First Watch Sarb035 experience - Advice Needed!

    Return as " not as described" then buy from someone here or AD.
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    559

    Re: Unfortunate First Watch Sarb035 experience - Advice Needed!

    Definitely send that back to where ever it came from. It's obviously not "new" condition. After that, don't buy from there again. Try to find the watch you want on sites like Gnomon, Seiya, Chino, Shopping in Japan, etc. They are much better I think.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member MrDisco99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Unfortunate First Watch Sarb035 experience - Advice Needed!

    When buying from Amazon definitely pay attention to the seller. I bought mine when it said "Shipped from and sold by Amazon.com" and it came with a 3 year Seiko warranty.

    It seems 3rd party sellers are back with lower prices on these so their stuff is getting listed rather than the Amazon.com ones. These do not come with a factory warranty and some 3rd party sellers can be problematic with returns going out as new. If the listing shows a 3rd party seller proceed with caution. Amazon does not make this obvious. you need to read the fine print on the top right portion of the listing to see if it's sold by Amazon or a 3rd party. Also the blurb below the price should say what kind of warranty it comes with, if any.

    Thankfully Amazon's return policy is pretty good, so you should be able to send it back without hassle.
    Casio DW5600E; Orient Bambino V3; Red Star 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex Fairfield Small Seconds; Tissot Automatic III; Vostok 420059

  6. #5
    Member MrDisco99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Unfortunate First Watch Sarb035 experience - Advice Needed!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDuke View Post
    Definitely send that back to where ever it came from. It's obviously not "new" condition. After that, don't buy from there again. Try to find the watch you want on sites like Gnomon, Seiya, Chino, Shopping in Japan, etc. They are much better I think.
    None of those sites sell the SARBs anymore.

    I really think the best deal is still to buy from Amazon... but like I said, pay attention to the seller.
    Casio DW5600E; Orient Bambino V3; Red Star 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex Fairfield Small Seconds; Tissot Automatic III; Vostok 420059

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Major View Post
    Return as " not as described" then buy from someone here or AD.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDisco99 View Post
    When buying from Amazon definitely pay attention to the seller. I bought mine when it said "Shipped from and sold by Amazon.com" and it came with a 3 year Seiko warranty.

    It seems 3rd party sellers are back with lower prices on these so their stuff is getting listed rather than the Amazon.com ones. These do not come with a factory warranty and some 3rd party sellers can be problematic with returns going out as new. If the listing shows a 3rd party seller proceed with caution. Amazon does not make this obvious. you need to read the fine print on the top right portion of the listing to see if it's sold by Amazon or a 3rd party. Also the blurb below the price should say what kind of warranty it comes with, if any.

    Thankfully Amazon's return policy is pretty good, so you should be able to send it back without hassle.
    Hey thank you for the quick replies!

    I forgot to add a very important detail - I bought this from Amazon from the official Amazon.com seller. From what I have read on WUS, correct me if I’m wrong, they are authorized resellers right?

    Should I still send this back? Or should I take it to my local seiko store and get that case back fixed? That will be covered by the warranty right?

  8. #7
    Member MrDisco99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,510
    I hadn’t heard about recycled returns being sold by Amazon. I thought that was just a 3rd party problem. That’s disappointing.

    I’d just send it back to Amazon and let them deal with it.
    Casio DW5600E; Orient Bambino V3; Red Star 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex Fairfield Small Seconds; Tissot Automatic III; Vostok 420059

  9. #8
    Member climbtime40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    22

    Re: Unfortunate First Watch Sarb035 experience - Advice Needed!

    Send that back to Amazon. Unfortunate to hear orders being sold by amazon are going out like that

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17

    Re: Unfortunate First Watch Sarb035 experience - Advice Needed!

    Maybe while you have the watch, try it on and make sure you like it. Then, simply return it to amazon and instead order it from Seiya-japan.com

    Seiya is a direct from japan authorized Seiko seller and his quality and service are impeccable. You’ll likely receive the watch here in the states in 2 to 4 days and the watch will be brand new, made in Japan, and very well packaged. His prices are very competitive too. I’ve ordered three watches from him and the experience was perfect.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Member MrDisco99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Unfortunate First Watch Sarb035 experience - Advice Needed!

    Quote Originally Posted by fourcircle View Post
    Maybe while you have the watch, try it on and make sure you like it. Then, simply return it to amazon and instead order it from Seiya-japan.com

    Seiya is a direct from japan authorized Seiko seller and his quality and service are impeccable. You’ll likely receive the watch here in the states in 2 to 4 days and the watch will be brand new, made in Japan, and very well packaged. His prices are very competitive too. I’ve ordered three watches from him and the experience was perfect.
    As I said previously, Seiya no longer sells this model. They haven't for over a year.
    Casio DW5600E; Orient Bambino V3; Red Star 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex Fairfield Small Seconds; Tissot Automatic III; Vostok 420059

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. GEO_79

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •