"For whatever reason - the main collectors haven't gone for this one" SLA033
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: "For whatever reason - the main collectors haven't gone for this one" SLA033

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

"For whatever reason - the main collectors haven't gone for this one" SLA033

Have been playing poker with this piece for the last few months and I've just played my hand and took the pot.

On purchase, I had a good chat with the dealer and he said that the main collectors had stayed away from the 033. He said he wasn't sure why as previous limited editions soon went at full retail. Maybe it's something specifically linked to this edition or maybe there's an element of collector fatique going on? Either way, it perhaps allows some new entrants into the reissue and limited edition sphere - cometh the hour, cometh the man. Anyway, all seems good with the watch. Not sure when I'll start wearing it as have got a bit of streamlining to do with my portfolio.
    jamsie and allanzzz like this.

Re: "For whatever reason - the main collectors haven't gone for this one" SLA033

It's overpriced and you will lose over a grand flipping it if you buy one at SRP, that's why. Pretty simple really, nothing to do with "collector fatigue".
    Last edited by clyde_frog; 1 Week Ago at 19:38.

Re: "For whatever reason - the main collectors haven't gone for this one" SLA033

The people ran out of money.
    WeirdGuy, Simon and old45 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't think they did themselves any favors by keeping an anachronistic 19mm lug width, and no bracelet.
    WeirdGuy and JCB43 like this.
    Watches are life. Live to Watch, Watch to Live. Do you even Watch, bro?

I'll play. How's about an unregulated 8L35 movement, jacking up the size specs to 45mm case size, and honestly a price tag that does not match the watch - sorry just my opinion. I don't think the fan base 'swallowed the hook' like they did for the 62MAS reboot.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    WeirdGuy, JCB43, obomomomo and 1 others like this.

That strap on a watch that expensive is a bit of a joke too.
    WeirdGuy and JCB43 like this.

I suspect more than a touch of this here
    Attached Images Attached Images

jamsie, WeirdGuy and doggbiter like this.

Just posted this over on another thread...

I've seen this watch in photo's on Instagram (look at tayexanderphotography) and it's just gorgeous. I thought it was freaking ugly and the price more so! Then you see it on the wrist like here, it's really an attractive watch, congratulations to those who did pick it up at a deal.

I’m really liking mine, but Seiko really did mess up with the marketing. They have the turtles that have a similar case shape and many more dial options for a fraction of the price. There is also the mm300 with the same movement and a bonus of a ceramic bezel, metal bracelet and rubbber band and also many more dial options at a fraction of the cost. For many fans, there just isn’t really a reason to pay so much more for the SLA033. Limited edition is great and all but there are cheaper limited edition mm300 models such as the zimbe that cost less, and again offer more. On a final note, at over 4k msrp there are better automatic watch options from Grand Seiko. There is too much competition at the price point for the SLA033. The SLA 025 at least had an 8l55 movement making it more unique/justifiable. The SLA017 was priced closer to an mm300 and offered about as much (band/bracelet/8l35), which is why it sold like hot cakes. That said, I like my SLA033 as its the thinnest seiko with an 8l35 movement making it more comfortable than a mm300 and many Grand Seiko divers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think price is surely a factor, these should have been no more than SLA017 in price, as they use the same movement, has similar quality, and the SLA017 even has an added bracelet.

I saw one in a Melbourne AD on boxing day, and they were listing it as 26% off RRP in the window.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    JCB43 likes this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information