What's the most $$ you've spent on a Mod & what's your limit?

Thread: What's the most $$ you've spent on a Mod & what's your limit?

What's the most $$ you've spent on a Mod & what's your limit?

Like the title says. Just out of curiosity.

I spent way more than I originally intended and sold off a few finished mods, parts, a watch intended for a mod, straps, etc. Then I just ended up buying a whole bunch of other parts! Haha. Today, while planning out another potential mod, I realized just how much it would cost and set a hard limit for myself at a pretty low $$ amount. Sometimes I just get a little carried away with the finished project in mind that I lose track or ignore the cost.

Anyways, interested in what others have to say
    Last edited by heywatchit!!; 6 Days Ago at 09:14.

Re: What's the most $$ you've spent on a Mod & what's your limit?

Had some half baked idea about doing a FFF mod but when the base watch arrived I decided that it was far to pretty to expose to my not so tender mercies so the answer to your question is zero. As for the max, I know my limits so it’s another zero.

Re: What's the most $$ you've spent on a Mod & what's your limit?

Just posted a thread about my first planned mod. Tried to find an SKXA35 with no luck, but stumbled across a dial on eBay yesterday morning. Snagged it ASAP and instantly started planning a build. Going with black outline lume min/hr hands, red second hand with lume dot. I'm in just under $70 and still need to find an 007 donor. And I'm sitting on $25 tools in my eBay cart. I figure if I can locate a donor for $150 I'll be in at $250ish, before a crystal swap or an aftermarket bezel. Not sure how far I'm going to take this one since it is my first.

Sounds crazy, but I want to do one of the Mickey Mouse mods too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just bought my first skx007 with modding in mind... I’m waiting for all the pieces and am up to about $180 so far(not including the watch). Hopefully I don’t trash the watch trying to mod myself. I’m waiting on a dd sapphire, bezel, bezel insert, dial, and hand set. If all goes well, I’d say sky is the limit for me. I’ve just fallen in love with the look of these Seikos and they are def where I’d like to be on my budget. Happy modding.

Thread Information