Whether we call this a "Jungle Master", "Atlas", or "Land Shark", I like it!

Thread: Whether we call this a "Jungle Master", "Atlas", or "Land Shark", I like it!

Whether we call this a "Jungle Master", "Atlas", or "Land Shark", I like it!

But, what's your opinion on:

A. Build quality?
    B. Fit/finish?
    C. Overall style?
    D. Comfort factor...comparisons to other Seiko divers?

1. Confirmation that this is the top tier Seiko 5? NOT a diver?
    2. Is it true that LumiBrite is NOT used on the watch?
    3. SOLID end links?

Let's take a look:

SKZ211K1

SKZ209K1

SKZ207K1

The rear:

Angelis
    Last edited by Angelis; February 8th, 2010 at 09:50.

Re: Whether we call this a "Jungle Master", "Atlas", or "Land Shark", I like it!

Who really uses that compass?

Angelis

Re: Whether we call this a "Jungle Master", "Atlas", or "Land Shark", I like it!

A. Build quality?
    Excellent! Feels solid as a tank.

B. Fit/finish?
    The short lugs are curved and hug the wrist very well. Detail is nice, the yellow-on-black contrast is very pleasing to the eye.

C. Overall style?
    It attracts attention due to its size and striking yellow hands.

Bracelet is comfortable and top-notch, and the compass guard actually gives the back case more surface to lie on one's wrist. No complaints about it moving about.

Yup, it's a sports watch, not an ISO rated diver. I, personally, wonder if the non-locking compass crown would allow water to seep through if one went too deep. But then again, Seiko wrote the book on WR, so I suppose one should have no problems unless you take it on a really deep scuba dive.

No idea, though the lume on the hands, markers and numbers last as long as any of my legit Seiko divers.

3. SOLID end links?
    Yup!

The Atlas/Landshark was my very first automatic Seiko. It pretty much began my watch addiction. I eventually sold it a couple of years after purchase because I wanted to concentrate on colecting ISO rated dive watches. Also, the non-locking compass crown bothered me as the compass ring tended to wander as I moved around. Not that i ever used the compass, it wouldn't even work in my part of the world since I'm so near the equator, so I can't use the sun to accurately find my bearings.
    "When ideas fail, words come in very handy." - J.W. von Goethe

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gerrylb View Post
    A. Build quality?
    Excellent! Feels solid as a tank.

B. Fit/finish?
    The short lugs are curved and hug the wrist very well. Detail is nice, the yellow-on-black contrast is very pleasing to the eye.

C. Overall style?
    It attracts attention due to its size and striking yellow hands.

Bracelet is comfortable and top-notch, and the compass guard actually gives the back case more surface to lie on one's wrist. No complaints about it moving about.

Yup, it's a sports watch, not an ISO rated diver. I, personally, wonder if the non-locking compass crown would allow water to seep through if one went too deep. But then again, Seiko wrote the book on WR, so I suppose one should have no problems unless you take it on a really deep scuba dive.

No idea, though the lume on the hands, markers and numbers last as long as any of my legit Seiko divers.

3. SOLID end links?
    Yup!

The Atlas/Landshark was my very first automatic Seiko. It pretty much began my watch addiction. I eventually sold it a couple of years after purchase because I wanted to concentrate on colecting ISO rated dive watches. Also, the non-locking compass crown bothered me as the compass ring tended to wander as I moved around. Not that i ever used the compass, it wouldn't even work in my part of the world since I'm so near the equator, so I can't use the sun to accurately find my bearings.

Great response! Very informative! Thanks
    Chase Durer Special Forces UDT 1000XL
    Suunto All Black X-Lander,Suunto All Black Core
    Seiko Black Monster,Seiko Orange Monster
    Seiko SNDA15(Ceaser),Seiko SNZF53K1,
    Frankenmonster-SKZ255K1 & SKZ251K3
    BFK SKA427P1,SHC061
    Casio PRG80YT (EXTREME#3)
    Casio PAG40B, PAG240B (BLUES BROTHERS),PAG-240-1CR,GX-56-1BDR,PRG130GB-1V, Casio PAG40-3V,
    PAG40-7V, PRG40T-7V, GW9200 Riseman, G7900(RED)
    Mudman G9000MX-8
    Citizen SS Eco-Zilla ,Ti Eco-Zilla, Blue Angel,
    Ticino Pilots Watch

I like this watch very much. The lume digits on the dial is especially nice!

The overall look and feel is one of high quality and toughness. The dial is interesting enough to look at for long periods of time, and if you choose the yellow hands version, it is very outstanding indeed.

My only complaint is the looseness of the compass crown. It moves at the slightest touch and feels a bit unsturdy. But for the price, surely this is a small area to overlook, considering all the other strengths! I would buy this watch if I didn't already have it.

As to the usage of the compass, you never know when it might just come in handy... :)

I've had one for several years and I agree with every thing said so far. Top notch in my book. Like the others my only complaint is the compass can move around as you wear it. No big deal to me. As a matter of fact I have a SNM037 coming in hopefully this week. I think it's a little more of a divers version with orange dial with the compass. I'll post pics when it gets here.

Watches are like cigars, the most expensive ones are not always the ones you enjoy the most.

Once of these was my first Seiko. The build quality was excellent (solid machined band links, just for starters) and the lume was certainly Lumibrite because it was visible all night after a good charge. The compass thing works, although the trick technically works with any analog watch set to the correct time for for the time zone you're in at the moment.

And now I'm missing this thing, dammit...

i agree with folks above. but my personal dislike to this tank, is the bracelet quality.

Thread Information