All New Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition Watch
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: All New Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    12

    All New Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition Watch

    All,
    I am a drummer and a big fan of Blakey, I think the all new Blakey LE (1000 pieces) is a nice tribute to him but I don’t know a lot about Oris’ pricing, all I know is their watches are well-made and worth the money. I would like to get this watch but the price is a bit steep ($2100 before tax), I have heard Oris watches go on 20-40% sale, do you know if the limited edition models go on sale too or they sell out pretty quickly? I want to know if I should wait to get it at lower price. What’s your opinion?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arazbogos View Post
    All,
    I am a drummer and a big fan of Blakey, I think the all new Blakey LE (1000 pieces) is a nice tribute to him but I don’t know a lot about Oris’ pricing, all I know is their watches are well-made and worth the money. I would like to get this watch but the price is a bit steep ($2100 before tax), I have heard Oris watches go on 20-40% sale, do you know if the limited edition models go on sale too or they sell out pretty quickly? I want to know if I should wait to get it at lower price. What’s your opinion?
    Posted this before seeing there is already a thread on this.

  3. #3
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    54,724

    Re: All New Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition Watch

    In my experience Oris LEs don’t sell out all that quickly. It depends on the watch. Generally the jazz watches sell out faster than the divers. If it’s a watch that you want I wouldn’t risk missing it just because you wanted for a sale. Believe me the pain of paying over the odd for a watch is nothing compared to that you feel when you have missed out.
    Chris Stark likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    In my experience Oris LEs don’t sell out all that quickly. It depends on the watch. Generally the jazz watches sell out faster than the divers. If it’s a watch that you want I wouldn’t risk missing it just because you wanted for a sale. Believe me the pain of paying over the odd for a watch is nothing compared to that you feel when you have missed out.
    I agree, that feeling would suck. I just brought it up because I read somewhere that their watches get heavily discounted, almost half price. All the previous Jazz editions are available pre-owned in like-new condition on the internet for half price but I don’t think this is a watch I want to buy used.
    I haven’t been able to find one in store to try out first.

  6. #5
    Member evlkoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    307

    Re: All New Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    In my experience Oris LEs don’t sell out all that quickly. It depends on the watch. Generally the jazz watches sell out faster than the divers. If it’s a watch that you want I wouldn’t risk missing it just because you wanted for a sale. Believe me the pain of paying over the odd for a watch is nothing compared to that you feel when you have missed out.
    Oris 65 x Hodinkee LE sold out pretty quickly.

  7. #6
    Member evlkoala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    307

    Re: All New Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Arazbogos View Post
    I agree, that feeling would suck. I just brought it up because I read somewhere that their watches get heavily discounted, almost half price. All the previous Jazz editions are available pre-owned in like-new condition on the internet for half price but I don’t think this is a watch I want to buy used.
    I haven’t been able to find one in store to try out first.
    If I were a drummer and a big fan of Blakey like you, I'd get it new directly from Oris, with my name on the purchase history. This watch is going to be meaningful. I don't think LE will be heavily discounted, even used, it might drop slightly due to pre-owned condition. Life is short, don't worry about those few hundreds, it will make you much happier knowing that you are the first owner. Also the excitement of not knowing which # out of 1000 you will be getting.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by evlkoala View Post

    If I were a drummer and a big fan of Blakey like you, I'd get it new directly from Oris, with my name on the purchase history. This watch is going to be meaningful. I don't think LE will be heavily discounted, even used, it might drop slightly due to pre-owned condition. Life is short, don't worry about those few hundreds, it will make you much happier knowing that you are the first owner. Also the excitement of not knowing which # out of 1000 you will be getting.
    Yea that adds to the cool factor and the history when I look back after many years. I talked to a certified Oris retailer here and he pretty much said the same thing, he said the LEs don’t get discounted heavily, he said he could order it for me and also give me some discount.
    I wish the case was 40mm instead of 38mm but my wrist size is average so I guess it is fine. 40mm on my wrist would pop out more and look better.
    I have always thought of having one nice (in terms of brand/quality/price) watch and I always thought that would be a Rolex, but I don’t think I will ever be comfortable spending $5k+ on a watch (maybe) but I saw this Oris watch that I could relate to, price will probably be below or at $2000k for me, I have the money and it won’t hurt me financially or I won’t go into debt but this will be that 1 expensive watch I always thought of, if I go for it. It is still scary though I have always worn $100-200 Seiko 5 watches.
    evlkoala likes this.

  9. #8
    Member Sparrowhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    532

    Re: All New Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition Watch

    Just don't actually drum while wearing the watch.

    Ball makes several watches with a technology cslled SpringLOCK. They had Kiss drummer Eric Singer drum with one of the watches on and the technology protected the movement. None of the Ball watches were made specifically for drummers nor to look like a drum.
    evlkoala and NC_Hager626 like this.
    It wasn't this time until now. - Me.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
    Just don't actually drum while wearing the watch.

    Ball makes several watches with a technology cslled SpringLOCK. They had Kiss drummer Eric Singer drum with one of the watches on and the technology protected the movement. None of the Ball watches were made specifically for drummers nor to look like a drum.
    Haha I actually might play with the watch on my hand since I play light music, mostly jazz. If I played heavy rock or something I wouldn’t. I can wear it a little higher on my hand (an inch or two) so it doesn’t accidentally hit my side cymbal, that would suck. I hadn’t even heard about Ball, I will check it out.
    evlkoala likes this.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by evlkoala View Post
    I'd get it new directly from Oris, with my name on the purchase history.
    If I get it from a certified Oris retailer (They order it for me), will my name still be on the purchase history or I have to order it myself from Oris’ website?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •