Any wrist shots of this Aquis?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By audio.bill
  • 2 Post By ctsean

Thread: Any wrist shots of this Aquis?

Any wrist shots of this Aquis?

Does anyone have any good wrist shots of this Aquis Date with the yellow accents? Been seriously thinking of getting one.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Halios Laguna II

"Live your life. Be crazy. Don't wait. Because right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll be.....EVER AGAIN."

Re: Any wrist shots of this Aquis?

One thing you should be aware of on this series I just saw mentioned on another Oris thread. The yellow markers that appear as a chapter ring on the dial are actually printed on the underside of the crystal. You can see it more clearly on some larger images of the watch like the one I'm including below for your reference. Notice that when viewed at a slight angle some of the yellow markings particularly on the lower part of the dial appear over the SWISS MADE marking and some of the markers. Personally I don't like that appearance but thought you should know about it in case it's not to your preference. Otherwise it's a beautiful watch if the 43mm size works for you. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

Name:  d3da33ab7d1a957dde1.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  124.4 KB
    Tagdevil likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    One thing you should be aware of on this series I just saw mentioned on another Oris thread. The yellow markers that appear as a chapter ring on the dial are actually printed on the underside of the crystal. You can see it more clearly on some larger images of the watch like the one I'm including below for your reference. Notice that when viewed at a slight angle some of the yellow markings particularly on the lower part of the dial appear over the SWISS MADE marking and some of the markers. Personally I don't like that appearance but thought you should know about it in case it's not to your preference. Otherwise it's a beautiful watch if the 43mm size works for you. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

Name:  d3da33ab7d1a957dde1.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  124.4 KB
    Thanks for pointing that out. Wasn't aware. Will have to see one of these in person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Halios Laguna II

"Live your life. Be crazy. Don't wait. Because right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll be.....EVER AGAIN."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Can't help with that one specifically, that version with the minutes printed on the underside of the crystal seems very uncommon. If you image search for the Great Barrier Reef edition though, you'll get alot of results. Basically the same except the GBR has a day complication

example
    Tagdevil and joepac like this.

^^^ That picture is the best I've seen at showing the yellow markings are on the inside of the crystal and clearly above the dial.

Sharp looking watch

Quote Originally Posted by ctsean View Post
    Can't help with that one specifically, that version with the minutes printed on the underside of the crystal seems very uncommon. If you image search for the Great Barrier Reef edition though, you'll get alot of results. Basically the same except the GBR has a day complication

example

Very cool.

I really like the yellow, but those small little indices seem to somehow unbalance the dial.

Thread Information