Aquis accuracy so far
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Polipoli

Thread: Aquis accuracy so far

Aquis accuracy so far

So.. I've been checking my Aquis regulary, and I must say that I'm deeply impressed.
    Last time I set it was about a week ago, if not a bit longer.
    It literally gained about 2 seconds. 2!
    I've heared of Rolexes, IWCs (and many brands, you name it) that gain more than that.
    Nothing short of exemplary.
    Speaking about Rolex, I've recently got to compare my Aquis to a Rolex GMT master II, and while the Rolex face is hard to beat, I believe the bracelet on the Aquis
    has better engineering to it.
    I think I'm in the minority but I really do like integrated bracelets since they tend to have such a better feeling to them than regular ones. If the bracelet is this good I see no reason in the world to change it. The Aquis bracelet is maybe the detail that appealed to me the most when choosing the watch.
    I still need to get that IWC Ingenieur one day... My gut tells me the bracelet on that one is a dream. Oh well, I have patience
    Meanwhile, I'm deeply enjoying my Aquis, and it probably will stay that way for years to come.
    Certainly couldn't have made a better purchase in this price range.
    JonS1967 and ChaserM like this.

Re: Aquis accuracy so far

It's great to hear your Aquis is so accurate. It's hard to argue with Oris when it comes to value for the price paid. Enjoy!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

The accuracy was one of two things that got me worried about buying the Aquis. I knew I could also get a +10. The other thing was the movement - Sellita, which at start disturbed my peace of mind for not being the tried and true ETA but in the end I figured out it probably is of about the same quality. So with these 2 factors out of the way, I can proudly say that I have absolute zero major complaints towards the Aquis (or at least mine which happens to be amazingly accurate). Only minor, totally second-priority things like a bit rough bezel action.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

People say "oh, it's only got a SW200 in it" but I've had some outstanding results from the SW200 in my ProDiver. Just a pity I can't say the same about the SW220 in my Titan. It's just within Oris specs. JUST.

Wish I could say the same with mine. Its two months old and it runs 2 minutes fast a week.
    Currently being calibrated at the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Polipoli View Post
    Speaking about Rolex, I've recently got to compare my Aquis to a Rolex GMT master II, and while the Rolex face is hard to beat, I believe the bracelet on the Aquis
    has better engineering to it.
    I think I'm in the minority but I really do like integrated bracelets since they tend to have such a better feeling to them than regular ones. If the bracelet is this good I see no reason in the world to change it. The Aquis bracelet is maybe the detail that appealed to me the most when choosing the watch.
    Certainly couldn't have made a better purchase in this price range.
    The bracelet itself it's hard to beat. I bought a rubber strap too and it's that kind of engineering that speaks to me.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk Pro

Since I rarely look at my Aquis to actually find out what time it is, it's accuracy has become less important to me. :)

Agreed. I posted in another thread about +2 seconds after a month by varying, crown up, crown down, face up. The bezel rotation is a bit rough. Seems like that would be pretty easy to address as I have had much cheaper watches with smoother bezels.

Thread Information