aquis date crown problem

Thread: aquis date crown problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Setapak, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia

aquis date crown problem

hi guys. I'm actually having some problems with my aquis date crown. I feel that the crown is very tight when i'm trying to wind the watch. My question is: will the components inside the watch get damaged or loss if i overwound it?

The crown is still windable. But i just feel it too tight Everytime when i try to wind my watch.

Anyone one has similar problem with me? Is this normal? I can't compare cz this is my only Oris watch. Thanks.

Han
    ROLEX SUBMARINER DATE (116610LV)
    OFFICINE PANERAI LUMINOR 1950 3 DAYS POWER RESERVE ACCIAIO - 47MM (PAM00423)
    BREITLING SUPEROCEAN HÉRITAGE 46 (A1732016)
    ORIS AQUIS DATE
    (733 7653 41 55)
    TAG HEUER GRAND CARRERA CALIBRE 17 RS
    (CAV511A.FC6225)

Re: aquis date crown problem

Modern watches have overwind protection, but there's really no need (and many manufacturers recommend against) regularly hand winding an automatic movement. If it feels tight, it probably doesn't need to be wound.
    It is right that the world should illustrate the full nature of the infinite and not merely the particular ideals of man - Spinoza

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

It's probably just a very tight crown gasket (not a bad thing). Like bluloo says, though, there's no need to manually wind it if you're wearing it regularly. It might lead to premature wear of the crown gasket.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies, i know it's better that not wind an automatic watch, just curious about why can it be so tight? For your information, i seldom wear my aquis and the watch is in "stop" condition before i wind it...

I also got a question. two days ago a changed the date on my watch and i probably didnt put the crown in the right place so when i tried to move the date i felt that iy is not going "smooth" but a little bit harder. i stoped right away, was it the manual winding option? is there any chance that i accidantly broke something in the mechanism or that i tear some of the gaskets?

my aquis also has a similar issue, where if the crown doesnt fully pop out, the winding is rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Everdying View Post
    my aquis also has a similar issue, where if the crown doesnt fully pop out, the winding is rough.
    wow! hardly find a malaysian in this forum!!!
    ROLEX SUBMARINER DATE (116610LV)
    OFFICINE PANERAI LUMINOR 1950 3 DAYS POWER RESERVE ACCIAIO - 47MM (PAM00423)
    BREITLING SUPEROCEAN HÉRITAGE 46 (A1732016)
    ORIS AQUIS DATE
    (733 7653 41 55)
    TAG HEUER GRAND CARRERA CALIBRE 17 RS
    (CAV511A.FC6225)

Hi Han, since you don't know what time it was when your Aquis stopped set the time to 6:30 so that it is outside the "danger" period then set your date to the day before and then set the time (am or PM) using the hands. The manual only say you MAY damage the watch if you quick set the date in the danger period. If it felt "wrong" when you wee changing the date and stopped you should be O.K. One of my watches didn't feel right when I was quick setting the date so I stopped immediately, fiddled about with it a bit and it's been dead right ever since. I suspect that it's people who are a little heavy handed when end up damaging the watch.
    I think there's a little rod of some sort that is in the date change mechanism and it's this that gets bent rather than any seals getting damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by hx_ONG View Post
    wow! hardly find a malaysian in this forum!!!
    got quite a few, but i think most post in the rolex forum :P

I agree with Sticky - be careful with manual winding. No need in my IMHO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information