Aquis Date Grey PVD Orange Markers with Orange Strap Pics and scratch resistance of Oris PVD Anyone?
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By sticky
  • 2 Post By commanche
  • 1 Post By simba
  • 3 Post By simba

Thread: Aquis Date Grey PVD Orange Markers with Orange Strap Pics and scratch resistance of Oris PVD Anyone?

Aquis Date Grey PVD Orange Markers with Orange Strap Pics and scratch resistance of Oris PVD Anyone?

Hi all,

currently have the Aquis Date Blue ceramic with stainless strap and looking to get the Aquis Date Grey PVD Orange Markers with Orange Strap 01 733 7653 4259-07 4 26 32GEB...

Interested to have seem real world pics of this particular one, the stock pics make the case look more black than grey IMO with a matt finish but iv seen a video of the same watch with black strap that looked like it had polished black lugs...

just looking for some good pics before i take the plunge...also is the PVD DLC or some other form...how good is the scratch resistance on the Oris PVD ? I have a Steinhart that is black DLC and its very resistance to daily wear, desk marks etc. Just now my daily is the Blue ceramic and i dont mind fine scratches now and then because i polish it up with some Cape Cod for a stunning finish which i wouldnt be able to do on the PVD if it got scratched.

thanks!

Re: Aquis Date Grey PVD Orange Markers with Orange Strap Pics and scratch resistance of Oris PVD Any

The scratch resistance of Oris DLC is an old topic and one that is still open to debate. One thing's for sure and that's the fact that the DLC coating is tougher than any other coating and reputed to be as tough as the proverbial old boots.

Re: Aquis Date Grey PVD Orange Markers with Orange Strap Pics and scratch resistance of Oris PVD Any

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    The scratch resistance of Oris DLC is an old topic and one that is still open to debate. One thing's for sure and that's the fact that the DLC coating is tougher than any other coating and reputed to be as tough as the proverbial old boots.
    main thing is whether its actually DLC or some form of TiNi ...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As far as I'm aware all Oris coating is DLC.
    Pallet Spoon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    As far as I'm aware all Oris coating is DLC.
    well thats me ordered the orange strap PVD aquis!

simba and SDGenius like this.

thanks for this information.

i think there is just general confusion amongst people regarding the coatings on these watches. some state DLC etc... i even messaged Oris on Facebook to try and confirm but they just told me its a PVD plated coating and couldnt confirm the actual coating itself.

if Oris specifically state DLC on their new models then im sure the others that just state PVD are not DLC...which is a shame.

information from Oris: the coating is actually TiC +/-20% (AA GRADE)....

orange strap aquis arrived at the weekend. it really is lovely, the strap is so luxurious and smell like vanilla. the clasp is equally very high quality and adjustment is really easy albeit a bit fiddly if you want to adjust when wearing.

lume is very weak but its the way it is.

the only thing i miss is the weight and heft you get with a bracelet, as we all know Oris bracelets are so damn good, but i already have an aquis for that so this is different.

im not sure if a rubber loop should have been incorporated to the strap for those with skinny wrists so that the free end can be tucked in a contained in place. although it hasnt happened with me but perhaps it could get a tendency to peep out the sides from below....

as iv seen in another thread about rotor movement, the new aquis rotor is spins very freely but my blue ceramic not as so. dont think its an issue.

overall nice watch, oozes quality.
    EHV likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    orange strap aquis arrived at the weekend. it really is lovely, the strap is so luxurious and smell like vanilla. the clasp is equally very high quality and adjustment is really easy albeit a bit fiddly if you want to adjust when wearing.

lume is very weak but its the way it is.

the only thing i miss is the weight and heft you get with a bracelet, as we all know Oris bracelets are so damn good, but i already have an aquis for that so this is different.

im not sure if a rubber loop should have been incorporated to the strap for those with skinny wrists so that the free end can be tucked in a contained in place. although it hasnt happened with me but perhaps it could get a tendency to peep out the sides from below....

as iv seen in another thread about rotor movement, the new aquis rotor is spins very freely but my blue ceramic not as so. dont think its an issue.

overall nice watch, oozes quality.
    http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...psobde69xa.jpg

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3ajvcfja.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by simba; August 9th, 2015 at 02:54.
    SDGenius, commanche and nordwulf like this.

Thread Information