Aquis date with metal bracelet: Should I take 43mm Aquis or 46mm Small Seconds for this wrist?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Aquis date with metal bracelet: Should I take 43mm Aquis or 46mm Small Seconds for this wrist?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aquis date with metal bracelet: Should I take 43mm Aquis or 46mm Small Seconds for this wrist?

Hi,

I just started to get interested in the mechanical watches about a year ago so I'm relatively new to this. I wanted to share my plans for the first purchase of a Swiss watch so it was a time to write my first post in here.

I'm now planning to purchase my first "quality watch" with a solid metal bracelet. After checking many different brands and models I have chosen Oris Aquis Date (or Small Seconds) because I just love the heavy metal bracelet and the overall quality that I can get for this price. Ball Hydrocarbon Ceramic XV was nice too but too expensive at least for now.

I will buy the sunburst blue or normal blue 43mm or sunburst blue 46mm. However, I'm still undecided which size would fit better my wrist. I know this is also a matter of my personal preference but I would like to hear your opinion on this. I have not found the 46mm model with the metal bracelet on any local ADs I have visited so I can only give you wrist shot with the 43mm. For me it the bracelet was just perfect but the 43mm dial looked just a bit too small in real life (in this picture it looks good to me) and the dial felt also a bit small & thin compared to the muscular bracelet. Thinner case would be beneficial when wearing with dress shirts at work, but the 15.5mm thick case on the 46mm model shouldn't me impossible to pull of with dress shirts either.

My wrist is just shy of 8" and the flat area is about 50mm. Forearms and arms are quite thick due to weightlifting (if it makes any difference). What would be your choice: 43mm or 46mm?

Any comments and/or pictures (especially for the Small Seconds) are more than welcome!

Name:  Oris Aquis.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  171.2 KB

Jo

Re: Aquis date with metal bracelet: Should I take 43mm Aquis or 46mm Small Seconds for this wrist?

As you've already discovered the Oris divers tend to wear a bit small so the 46mm will present no problem to you at all with 8" wrists. I find the 46mm steel a bit heavy on my weedy wrist so I went for the Titan but you should be fine with the steel Small Seconds.
    Pallet Spoon and ChiefWahoo like this.

Re: Aquis date with metal bracelet: Should I take 43mm Aquis or 46mm Small Seconds for this wrist?

Although you could probably pull off the larger one. I think the 43 is very well proportioned on your wrist and I would go with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Given the size of your arms, you might want to check out the 3-hand ProDiver as well. At 49mm it would look good on your wrist, and it's also available in titanium to lighten its bulk. The caveat is that it's thicker and won't fit under a shirt cuff as nicely as the Aquis.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; October 21st, 2015 at 17:19.

46 no doubt! My wrist is an inch less in width and 43 is probably the smallest I'd consider for what you're looking at!

watermanxxl likes this.

with a wrist that big you can pretty much pull of any size in the line, i guess it comes down to personal taste

43mm on 7.5 inch wrist...

46mm on almost 8 inch should be ok, but 43mm is not too small either.

Also really like the big sweep seconds hand on divers instead of small seconds (which are ok on dress watches, IMO)
    Last edited by yankeexpress; October 22nd, 2015 at 06:08.
    ChiefWahoo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by r0bf1ve View Post
    46 no doubt! My wrist is an inch less in width and 43 is probably the smallest I'd consider for what you're looking at!

+1; the 43mm looks good on your wrist. A few more millimeters won't hurt though...

Brent's got a good point there. The 3 hand ProDiver or even the 51mm PD Chrono would look great on a wrist like yours.

Thanks for all comments and pictures! I tried the 46mm and it just felt too bulky for my taste so I ordered the dressier 43mm Aquis Date with blue dial (not sunburst) as I got an offer I couldn't refuse.

Pictures from AD with Small Second and ProDiver:
    Name:  Small Second ProDiver.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  123.6 KB
    yankeexpress and ChiefWahoo like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information