Aquis Date and Titan Small Second Lug to Lug

Thread: Aquis Date and Titan Small Second Lug to Lug

Aquis Date and Titan Small Second Lug to Lug

Hello all,

I am gearing up to take the plunge on my first grown up watch. The Aquis Date and the Titan Small Second caught my eye. As I can't decide between the two based on looks alone, I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to the size differences between the two (aside from 43mm and 46mm). More specifically, I was interested in the lug to lug length on them. I have about a 7.5" wrist (maybe slightly larger). As I don't live anywhere close to an AD to try them on in person, I was hoping all you experts might provide some insight as to how each wears. I know much of it is personal preference, but I welcome all opinions (and of course pictures!).

Thanks!!!

Name:  Oris_Aquis_Date.png
Views: 706
Size:  217.6 KB
    Name:  Oris_Aquis_Small_Second.png
Views: 704
Size:  171.2 KB
    (Pics from Oris website)

Re: Aquis Date and Titan Small Second Lug to Lug

D, I don't have the Aquis so can't help with the L2L measurement on it. The Titan SS is 54mm L2L and should fit you a treat, especially if you plan to get it on the strap. I wear mine on my hulk-like 6.75" wrist no problem.
    Sure, its bigger than the Aquis Date but it's 46mm of titanium compared to 43mm of steel.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

To pick up where sticky left off, I measured my 43mm Aquis, and the L2L measurement is 50mm. The other difference between the two styles, other than case size and L2L length, is thickness and whether or not that is a consideration for you. The Aquis is a slimmer watch, and as such it is better suited to double duty as a dress diver (if you're wearing it under a cuff in casual business mode).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies guys. I really like that the Aquis Date is one of the thinner divers out there. My main concern, however, was that the the diameter/lug-to-lug might look a little on the small side (not that I have huge wrists). Brent, do you mind if I ask your wrist size and how you think it wears (and possibly a wrist shot)?
    Thanks again!

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkness View Post
    Brent, do you mind if I ask your wrist size and how you think it wears (and possibly a wrist shot)?
    Thanks again!
    Actually, 7.5" puts your wrist on the large end of the spectrum (most are smaller), but circumference is a misleading parameter and isn't what you should be concerned with. What you need to look at is the width of your wrist at the point where you wear your watch. People with the same circumference wrists can have widely different wrist widths, and it's the width that creates the platform (visual frame) for the watch.
    My wrist at its narrowest point where I wear my watch (just above the pointy wrist bone) is about 7.25" in circumference. The width at this point is 2 5/8". 2 5/8" is the key measurement to consider, for comparison.

Here's a pic I took way back when I first got the watch, that gives a good perspective. I find it's a very nice size on a wrist of my width because it's not too big and not too small. If I want to wear a 'statement' watch then I put on something larger, but I find the Aquis is a 'neutral' size on me. You'll have a better idea for yourself once you measure the width of your own wrist for comparison. You'll notice my Aquis has a 'small seconds' configuration, similar to the Titan, rather than a central second hand like the standard Aquis Date. That's because it's the LE Maldives edition which has a unique dial configuration (but the case and bezel size and design is identical to the standard Aquis Date, so it's an accurate representation of what the Aquis Date looks like on a wrist).

Name:  Wrist2b_s.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  45.4 KB
    Last edited by BrentYYC; December 13th, 2013 at 19:04.

Wow, I have a lot to learn. Thanks for all the info. That Maldives looks fantastic! (perfect size on you too, IMO). Have either of you compared the black model to the blue or green? Just wanted a personal opinion of how you thought they all stacked up against each other. I love the brushed bezel on the black and Maldives models. I wish they were all brushed!

I've tried the black and the blue on the Aquis and either one is truly gorgeous but have yet to set eyes on the green one. I'm not so keen on the green given the option but I certainly wouldn't say no if someone gave me one. My Titan has the tungsten bezel but I plan on buying an Aquis with a black bezel in the new year.

Thread Information