Aquis Depth Gauge, Titan Small Seconds and Chrono - please help me decide which one!

Thread: Aquis Depth Gauge, Titan Small Seconds and Chrono - please help me decide which one!

Inactive

Aquis Depth Gauge, Titan Small Seconds and Chrono - please help me decide which one!

Having earlier this week been let down, VERY BADLY in fact, by a watch dealer in Europe, my family and I now find ourselves back at square one and no longer willing to risk the importation into the UK of a new Tudor Pelagos to celebrate a landmark birthday.

Instead, I've now decided to switch our attention to buying another diver, from you've guessed it ...a certain Swiss brand (readily available in the UK), that should hopefully still deliver a wide smile ...and years of faithful service!

Trouble is, I'm having a wee bit of a difficult time deciding on which model (of the three shortlisted) to finally pick? So if may I'd like to list them below in the hope that Oris owners, and the wonderfully-informed, could kindly provide me their thoughts and opinions on why I should perhaps buy one over the other(s).

I will have the opportunity (hopefully, if time allows) to actually visit the dealer I intend to purchase from, and try the three "Aqui" on the wrist - as I appreciate that's the sensible thing to do, but I'd still love to get some real feedback from the fine folks here on F22!

They are:

The Aquis Depth Gauge

The Aquis Titan Small Seconds (in black)

and

The Aquis Chrono

Many thanks for any help & advice in advance

Mark

PS: And a special thanks to Bill (gaopa) for further inspiring me to go the Oris way!
    Last edited by GoodLord; November 22nd, 2013 at 17:15.

Re: Aquis Depth Gauge, Titan Small Seconds and Chrono - please help me decide which one!

Mark, Bill advised you well by recommending Oris to you. What a choice - now you know what a kid feels like in a sweet shop. Do you NEED a chrono or just want one? If you just want one I would go for one of the other two. The titanium is a real scratch magnet and for that reason alone I would think twice about the chrono ( I'm being very critical here - I would go for any of the three like a shot) The DG is the toughest of the three as it's steel but it's a heavy old hector. I don't know how resilient the DLC coating of the SS is but it's got to be tougher than the bare Ti. If you go for the DG you will get both a bracelet and a rubber strap in the kit whereas the SS only comes on the strap.

Inactive

Re: Aquis Depth Gauge, Titan Small Seconds and Chrono - please help me decide which one!

Sticky...

Thanks for some brilliant, and, very constructive feedback!

I've posted a duplicate thread on F74 and posted some pics (c/o a request from a fellow member) of all three protaganists. However, when you look at the DG and the accompanying kit ...well, it becomes VERY VERY compelling!

I've loved & admired ORIS watches for a couple or three years now, but never pulled the trigger ...I'll be rectifying that mistake next week! I think I've forgotten about the Pelagos already! LOL!

Can't thank you enough!

Cheers

Mark

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

Mark, I just did a search to learn more about the Oris Depth Gauge. It is a handsome watch. However, the 46mm case is too big for my 7.5" wrist. I did not find the thickness, but if it over 15mm thick then it is too thick for me. I also wonder about the weight with the bracelet. Just food for thought. Cheers, Bill P.

I would go with the Aquis Chrono, mainly because I love Divers Chrono watches. I'm currently wearing a Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono. The Depth Gauge is awesome, that would be my second choice. In third it would be the small second Titan.
    I know nothing about watches, just what I like.

Mark, once again Bill has supplied you with some first class advice. I get the feeling that you may be leaning towards a DG so at 16mm thick and 240g on the bracelet if you even think you can pull it off then go for it. One thing that the vid didn't show was that the DG comes with a cleaning kit stowed away. Oris don't make it clear where this is but if the liner is lifted out of the waterproof box thar she blows on the L.H. side.
    Last edited by sticky; November 23rd, 2013 at 19:38. Reason: Typo

All are great choices. The Depth gauge is unique and interesting, although only really useful if you dive. A chronograph is always fun to play with. But if importing is tricky, why not just jump on a train, go to France or Amsterdam and bring back that Pelagos??
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Inactive

Gents,

Thanks for all the fine advice and thoughts re' this purchase.

I only have a 7.5 inch wrist as well - although obviously like everyone else, that increases noticeably in warmer climes & temperatures. Luckily though it's rather a flat wrist that I possess, hence why I find it easy to pull off a 45mm Sharkdiver, and Ploprof 1200M etc.

Sadly I found that the Pelagos literally disappeared on my wrist - that's being a wee bit pedantic, but you know what I mean. So the size and heft of the DG would be fabulous and actually desired ...I'm one of those that's likes a little weight to my watches.

Thus loving the DG and have read-up on the syringe cleaning kit that comes with it - albeit I probably would have spent an hour or two tryin' to find it in it's Peli home. So thanks for the heads-up on that Sticky!

Jumping on trains or planes is no longer a viable thing to do, as time has run out, and is also no longer necessary as Oris is easily available in the UK ...certainly so anyway 'if' the Oris dealer I chatted to on Friday has the new inventory in next week as promised! Of course my estimation of watch dealers is at an all-time low at the moment - for reasons intimated about the Tudor purchase, and, a Tissot Heritage 160th Anniversary watch that I also had on prolonged order!!!

Thanks once again everyone for taking the time to contribute to this, albeit rather nice, Aquis choice dilemna!

Mark

Thread Information