Aquis Gaining Time

Thread: Aquis Gaining Time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aquis Gaining Time

My new (used) Aquis which I have been wearing for 24 hours minus 7 hrs in bed has gained approx 14 seconds. I read on this web page
    Why Is It Important To Wind My Automatic Watch With The Crown? | Bernard Watch Blog
    about a Breitling that was approx. 25 seconds slow per day and the dealer reckons that hand winding fully can rectify bad timekeeping issues. Just wondering if anyone has done this with their Oris with any degree of success.

Re: Aquis Gaining Time

Any variance in timekeeping caused by winding your watch at night is likely to be minimal. You stand a better chance of varying the timekeeping by putting it on the bedside table at night and experimenting with the positions it rests in.

Thanks for reply sticky. I am leaving it in different positions overnight and monitoring it on my ipod app "Watchtracker" Set it to my Citizen Red Arrows radio controlled time watch this morning at 7:00 am and at 8:45 pm tonight it had gained 5 seconds so I think it will maybe get better as I wear it. Spoke with UK Oris service centre and they also said to wear it for a few weeks and see how it performs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Shetsan,

My Aquis routinely gains 15 to 20 seconds per day, 3 minutes per week, regardless of the position I put it in when I am not wearing it. The lack of accuracy drives me crazy which is why I don't wear it very often. It gains a little more if I wear it frequently. Consequently, I wear my Sinn UX most of the time. I know that auto watches are going to be less accurate than quartz watches but this is ridiculous. I really need to find the time to send it in to The Watchmaker and have them take a look at it. By the way, mine was also pre-owned. It's a beautiful watch but my rendition is woefully inaccurate. I have owned another Aquis (blue dial with blue ceramic bezel) that was 4 to 6 second fast per day. I never should have let that one go.

Good luck with yours!

Rob
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

Thanks for the reply Rob and interesting to read that your Aquis is the same. I bought the Oris Ralf Schumacher a few years ago brand new from authorized dealer and that also was out by about 2-3 minutes a week, if I recall correctly it ran fast but may have been slow. I am like you in that I like accuracy and I understand I'll never get the accuracy of my Citizen atomic Red Arrows but sub 10 secs accuracy per day would be great. [I]'m hoping that my Aquis will settle down but am thinking it may need to go to service centre to get regulated. Looking at a Hamilton Khaki X Wind just now.

Sandy

I've had moments with my Aquis where it'll go 3 months straight with absolute precision (down to the second), and other times where it will loose about 10 seconds per day (as its doing right now). It's never been worse than -10 a day though. Really wish the Aquis had an ETA (or perhaps, a more reliable rate of timekeeping), thats about the only complaint I have with it.
    Last edited by tannerdsilva; June 13th, 2015 at 19:10.

Got to agree with you there. A really nice watch sadly let down by the big drift over a day, I had an Orient Mako that was a lot more accurate than either the Aquis or the Ralf Schumacher I had before. I am going down the Hamilton route shortly and see how it compares as it has a Valjoux 7750 movement.
    Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar on red strap, Garmin Fenix 3 HR, Citizen Red Arrows Chrono Atomic Timekeeping, Casio GG-B100-1A3ER (Green) and incoming Casio GG-B100-1A9ER (Orange) :-Always looking for more as you need to keep a track of time due to it being so precious.

Mine is very accurate and gains approx 2 seconds a day.
    Panerai, Oris; Steinhart; Victorinox; G-Shock; Orient; Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Chp5 View Post
    Mine is very accurate and gains approx 2 seconds a day.
    Mine's at 2 seconds too. Maybe it depends where you got it, I got mine Rob from Toppers. I think ADs have a much better "batch" of watches as opposed to Gray Markets. Or maybe I'm just lucky with the pieces I get, cause my Longines LLD also gains 2 second.

Me and my watches on IG:
    @watcheyyron
    or
    @eyy_ron

"Be the change that you want to see."

Rotation
    Rolex Exp 1 MK2 ┬ Longines Legend Diver NO DATETudor Black Bay ┬ Cartier Tank Divan ┬ Oris Aquis Frog
    SeikoBulova Casio Citizen

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

I have three Oris, and the worst performer is +2 secs/day. The other two are even better.

As the watch was used and has probably never been serviced, you're probably due.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information