Aquis has arrived, giving my PO a run for its money
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Aquis has arrived, giving my PO a run for its money

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Aquis has arrived, giving my PO a run for its money

Name:  oris1.jpg
Views: 1563
Size:  156.5 KB

Earlier in the week, I posed a question to you guys in regards to my incoming Aquis and my existing PO.

Now that the Aquis is here, I can say that I'm pleasantly surprised at how great this thing is. I like heavier watches, so the weighty feel to this one is really ideal. I love having a display caseback and the applied markers are a perfect touch.

As far as compared to my Omega: I will say that the Omega pulls double duty a little more (casual and dress), but I'd have zero qualms wearing the Oris with a suit. While I like the bracelet on the Oris, I do wish it were a tad more subdued. In terms of quality - they're both of excellent workmanship - though I'd give a nod to the PO. However, the cost vs quality consideration leaves the win squarely in the Oris bucket.

The bezel on the Aquis absolutely destroys the PO. (The 8500 POs would get the nod here, but the 2500 POs don't come close). And not just the materials used - the click action is considerably more refined on the Aquis.

My biggest issue with the Aquis, however, (and where the PO kills it) is AR coating. My favorite thing about the PO aside from the overall presence is the fact that the crystal seems almost non-existent. I think the dial on the Aquis would pop a LOT more with some (or some more) AR coating.

All things being equal, I'd pick the PO. However, they're not equal. The PO, even in the used market, is 2.5x more expensive. I very well may be putting that Omega up for sale soon...

Edit:

I know this is sure to run counter to some of the purists opinions here - but having owned 2 different wave dial TT1s in the past, I can say that the Aquis is a superior watch. Looks, build, etc - especially when you factor in the rubber strap improvements (even though mine is on bracelet). I love the wave dial TT1 - but I feel like this is just a better piece of kit.
    Last edited by bamagrad03; May 3rd, 2013 at 21:38.
    lawman98 and SDGenius like this.
    Omega Planet Ocean 2500C
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident
    Oris Aquis

Re: Aquis has arrived, giving my PO a run for its money

Big congrats on your new Aquis Date!!!
    While still being very pleased and excited because of your new arrival I would calm down () and let the two watches stay side by side for a certain time.
    After getting used to the Aquis you perhaps may reveal some more cons as for now and may be you would regret having sold the PO too soon.
    Just relax and enjoy both of these fabulous watches!
    Perhaps the PO will stay in the end...
    Current watches: only a few
    Sold watches: too many

Quote Originally Posted by moby711 View Post
    Big congrats on your new Aquis Date!!!
    While still being very pleased and excited because of your new arrival I would calm down () and let the two watches stay side by side for a certain time.
    After getting used to the Aquis you perhaps may reveal some more cons as for now and may be you would regret having sold the PO too soon.
    Just relax and enjoy both of these fabulous watches!
    Perhaps the PO will stay in the end...
    I'm inclined to keep both, but that's a lot of money to have tied up in just two pieces of inventory. Whether I keep the Oris or the PO, I'll certainly re-purchase the one I don't keep now - but probably not until my wife gets out of law school and we have more than one income. :)
    Omega Planet Ocean 2500C
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident
    Oris Aquis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the write up. I've also been looking at the Aquis for the past few months but it ends up getting passed over each time for one reason or another. I've liked the two Oris watches that I have had in the past, but I really like the looks of the Aquis. Seems like a screaming deal at the current going rate as well. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by bamagrad03 View Post
    I'm inclined to keep both, but that's a lot of money to have tied up in just two pieces of inventory. Whether I keep the Oris or the PO, I'll certainly re-purchase the one I don't keep now - but probably not until my wife gets out of law school and we have more than one income. :)
    In the end it´s all about money...
    Only if you can afford it take your time and decide which one has to go.
    If you only want to keep one, you have to make up your decision on that!
    In the end I would keep the Oris because its your new arrival!
    Maybe someday you happen to recover and get the one you have to part with now!

Hi Bam, congrats on the new Aquis. I too think that it's about money and if you do end up having to sell one you're almost certain to want to re-obtain it in future years.

Quote Originally Posted by bamagrad03 View Post
    While I like the bracelet on the Oris, I do wish it were a tad more subdued.
    I had the same feeling, so I brushed it. It retains the overall presence that Oris is known for, but tones down the bling and brings the whole "tool diver" look together.
    Name:  Brushed Oris-14.JPG
Views: 1394
Size:  551.7 KBName:  Brushed Oris-22.JPG
Views: 2760
Size:  669.4 KB
    bamagrad03, lawman98 and daschlag like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    I had the same feeling, so I brushed it. It retains the overall presence that Oris is known for, but tones down the bling and brings the whole "tool diver" look together.
    Name:  Brushed Oris-22.JPG
Views: 2760
Size:  669.4 KB
    Great shot and a great idea. Makes me want to get a bracelet on my TT1 now — didn't like how flashy it was when I tried it on at an AD, so I went with the rubber.

Like tumbler said:
    "I had the same feeling, so I brushed it. It retains the overall presence that Oris is known for, but tones down the bling and brings the whole "tool diver" look together."

I also got the bracelet of my Chrono brushed and it stopped looking that bling bling, just like a real tool diver, an instrument!

Name:  ERA_7396_bearbeitet-1.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  ERA_7397_bearbeitet-1.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  75.3 KB
    Jrpierola and daniel9399 like this.

Where or how would one go about getting a bracelet brushed? I would love to do this!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information