Aquis model differences?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mseitz24

Thread: Aquis model differences?

Aquis model differences?

I’m looking in to picking up an aquis. It looks like there’s good deals to be had on the leather strap version. I’d prefer the rubber but for the cost difference I can get the leather and buy a rubber strap and come out about even.

I’m coming across 2 model numbers that appear to be exactly the same. Logic is telling me they have different model numbers so they have to be different, I just cant find it. They even appear identical on the oris site. Both are 43.5mm, matte black dial and bezel, brown leather strap. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the 2 models listed below?

01 733 7730 4154-07 5 24 10EB

01 733 7730 4124-07 5 24 10EB

It even shows them together on the oris site. If you look real close at both pictures it almost looks like one has brushed lugs and one polished.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forgot the last picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Aquis model differences?

I recently went through the same exercise. There are three models with the black dial and black bezel combination. The differences in the models, to the best of my knowledge, have to do with dial, bezel and case differences. The 4124 has a black matte dial, black matte bezel and, it appears, a brushed case. The 4134 has a black polished dial, black polished bezel and a polished case. The polish is only on the top of the lugs and the rest of the case is brushe d. It looks like there are two slightly different bracelets too. The bracelet for the 4124 is all brushed and the bracelet for the 4134 has polished outer links. As to your question, on both eBay and Google there is also a model 4154 which looks very much like the 4124. But I couldn't find it on the Oris site. So not sure what, if any, are the differences. Perhaps it's a predecessor to the 4124. Or perhaps there are some internal differences.

I just did this research a week or so ago but I'm not an expert and I'm sure I made some errors. A couple of weeks ago I had bid on a 4154 model on eBay. I won the auction but the seller cancelled the auction the next day. I then bid on and won a 4134. It arrived a week ago and I really like it. Right now it's still on the rubber strap but I'll be putting it on the bracelet soon.
    Last edited by dglsjhan; January 25th, 2020 at 02:53.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I found both on the oris site by googling the model numbers.

https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/oris-aq...4-07-5-24-10eb

https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/oris-aq...4-07-5-24-10eb

Yes, I agree that it's on their site. But I couldn't find the 4154 on the current page for the Aquis Date. If you click on "Configure This Model" and then "View All Models" it appears to be on a page with a bunch of the old 43mm, 40mm and 36mm watches which have all since been superceded. So I'm not sure what is going on though but I'll assume that it was the first of the 43.5 models to be released. All that said, both models appear to be similar if not identical so I would assume any differences are minor. And it certainly could be that, at that time and judging from the version shown w/the bracelet, that they made only one version of the case and it had the polished lugs. And subsequent to this they made two versions of the case, one polished and one brushed. They then used the brushed case with the matte dial and bezel version and the polished case with the polished dial and bezel version. So your original supposition my indeed be correct in that it was a version with the polished case with a matte dial and bezel.
    Last edited by dglsjhan; January 25th, 2020 at 22:49.

I think you might be right with the old model idea. One difference I ended up finding digging through the oris site is case finish options. If you follow the link above to the 4154 page you can select case material. There’s black and grey options in addition to stainless which then take you to what appears to be the older version of the watch with automatic under oris on the dial. If you navigate through the site like you were doing under aquis the case material field is locked at stainless for all aquis small date models. Narrowing it down to 34.5, leather, black you get the 4124 (matte) and 4134 (gloss).
    dglsjhan likes this.

Sometimes Oris does have two different versions of the same dial watch. Either in polish or matte.

Thread Information