Aquis Redux
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Aquis Redux

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aquis Redux

So about two years ago I purchased on Aquis (orange on black) on a whim. Having owned a variety of divers at various price points the Aquis really impressed me, and it soon found a regular spot in the daily watch rotation. However, being a somewhat serial flipper, the Aquis found its way on the chopping block about a year later to fund an SMP.

While I have flipped dozens of watches over the years, for some reason the Aquis always stayed in the back of my mind and is the only one I can remember selling that I almost instantly regretted. Every time I saw a picture of one on the forum I was tempted to run back to my local AD. Fast forward to today, and when I passed my local AD while getting lunch I dangerously decided to step inside, knowing full well my impetuous habits when it comes to watch purchasing.

Oops! Looks like my wallet couldn't stay in my pocket! Is it another Aquis or was I tempted by another Oris offering?

aaaaaand the Aquis is now about to make its second appearance in my watchbox in as many years. I didn't even know the gradient blue variant existed until I tried it on, but as soon as I did I knew I wasn't leaving without it.
    Last edited by m00k; January 12th, 2016 at 03:25.

Congrats! And welcome back to the Oris circle! More picture please!

Re: Aquis Redux

Gorgeous dial. I've been waiting for Oris to potentially release this in a 40mm case version.
    cadomniel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey! I did the same dang thing! My "new" Aquis is also the gradient blue!

Congratulations on a great watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    m00k and dsbe90 like this.
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by tsteph12 View Post
    Gorgeous dial. I've been waiting for Oris to potentially release this in a 40mm case version.
    Unless you've already tried it on in person, you'd be surprised at how the 43mm Aquis wears. Lug for lug it wears about equal to my 41mm Black Bay.

commanche and Shagrath like this.

I just received the black 40mm version...I also wish that they had the blue version in 40mm. the 40mm is perfect for me
    Current collection: Tudor BB 36 |MKII Hawkinge| Seiko SARB017 | Seiko SARB035 | Seiko SBDC053| Seiko SBDC059|Seiko SBDC061| Stowa Antea KS
    wishlist Tudor BB 58| Omega PO | GS Quartz GMT | Sinn 856 UTC | Sinn EZM3F| Sinn U50 S| Omega AT38 | Omega Railmaster

Man that is beautiful, congrats. I was so tempted to get it but like others have said, wish they made it in the 40mm version.

I don't know why, but I feel the Aquis wears true to size or even larger since it's a big round piece with very wide lugs and initial bracelet width. I briefly owned a 43 but flipped it as soon as I put it on my wrist since it looked crazy big for some reason.
    Current Arsenal:
    HMT Pilot | Casio G-Shock Riseman | Seiko SNZH57 | Baume et Mercier Capeland S Chronograph | Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph
    Purchase free since: 4/1/15 (subject to change)

That is a beautiful watch! I nearly bought this a few weeks ago too!
    Present: A.Lange & Söhne Odysseus Steel/ Montblanc Villeret 1858 Vintage Pulsographe/ Gronefeld 1941 Principia/ Kurono Tokyo “Eggshell”/ Ming 17.06 Copper/ Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF

Grails
    : Patek Philippe 5170P / A. Lange & Söhne Datograph Plat Gen 1

My Instagram

Welcome back to the fold. What a way to re-join the Oris club.
    dsbe90 likes this.

I also have the orange one and have often thought of selling it to pursue the blue gradient one even though I've never actually seen it in person. The one thing I have noticed however in photos is the shiny black bezel insert compared to the flat black one. I really do like the flat black as it seems to focus more attention to the dial.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information