Aquis vs diver 65 42mm

Thread: Aquis vs diver 65 42mm

Aquis vs diver 65 42mm

i have an oris aquis 40mm and ive toyed with the idea of selling it n grabbing a 65 42mm simply due to the ability to easy swap straps ...but im wondering if thats enough to warrant the extra spend as id assume both are equal in regards to build etc. any thoughts ?

Re: Aquis vs diver 65 42mm

The 42mm 65 is a delicious looking watch but I don't see the ease of strap changes as a valid reason for flipping the Aquis. If you thought the 65 was a better looker then, yeah, do it.

That's a personal choice only you could answer. For me personally I'm with Sticky. Strap flexibility shouldn't be your motivation. Between the Aquis bracelet and rubber you are already set for any reasonable occasion. Personally I have other watches that I can swap around. Is there a reason why you are reconsidering now compared to when you first bought your Aquis? That aside, these are such different watches your primary decision point is probably better with overall style and fit.

I've been wearing my Aquis Date for the last few days and it continues to bring a smile to my face.

PS. What different straps would you want on the Aquis?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mitchjrj View Post
    PS. What different straps would you want on the Aquis?
    re strap choices rocking it on leather sometimes will be nice...nb i also have the rubber strap for the aquis but the screws are such a pain to remove ive only swapped it once it basically permanently stays on steel

Quote Originally Posted by mitchjrj View Post
    Is there a reason why you are reconsidering now compared to when you first bought your Aquis? That aside, these are such different watches your primary decision point is probably better with overall style and fit.

I've been wearing my Aquis Date for the last few days and it continues to bring a smile to my face.
    i think whats happening is back wen i first bought the aquis i had more watches ive since trimmed my collection down a lot and the aquis is my most consistent wear due to the fact that the steel bracelet is so comfortable...most comfy ive ever worn...it actually makes my padi unwearable on the bracelet cause its hella uncomfortable

so back wen i had more watches was easier to swap straps on one of the others

I've found my Aquis bracelet to be one of the more comfortable bracelets I've ever experienced. I love its clasp, which is better than clasps on watches that cost twice as much. I'd never even consider taking it off the bracelet. That said, the bracelet's high polish and chunkiness do make me feel like the watch is a bit too flashy. I have the 43mm Aquis, and I'm considering selling because it wears so big. The 65 seems much more reasonable in size, but if you're already rocking a 40mm Aquis, then I don't know... They're two very different looks. I'd judge based on whether you like the look of something more contemporary looking vs. the vintage inspired look.

OP you have no idea how much I regret not choosing the 40mm Aquis. I ended up with the 43mm but always dream of one day I can swap it for a 40mm on bracelet...

Thread Information