Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Member Stryder16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    43

    Question Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?

    I always like saving money, but from what I have read online, especially for automatics, its better to spend more at an authorized dealer than the grey market. How have you all fared with grey market ORIS's?

    What's the best priced online authorized dealer for ORIS watches?

  2. #2
    Member BrentYYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?

    Get in touch with forum sponsor, Topper, if you want to go the AD route. They are a pleasure to deal with.

  3. #3
    Member Topspin917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    923

    Re: Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?

    ^^^ +1

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Crate410's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Agrabah (Or somewhere similar)
    Posts
    2,404

    Re: Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?

    I have seen many opinions on both sides. I wouldn't though. Get a good discount at an AD, maybe during a shopping festival or the like.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch List:

    Mont Blanc Star XXL Automatic (Ref. 101644)
    Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RS (Ref. CAV511A.BA0902)
    Omega Speedmaster Pro Sapphire Sandwich (Ref. 3573.50)
    Rolex Submariner (Ref. 114060)
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 (Ref. CV01AJ.BA0727)
    Oris Aquis Date 43.5mm
    Mont Blanc Star 4810 Automatic (Ref. 102340)
    Rolex Datejust II (Ref. 116300)

  6. #5
    Member yankeexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,057

    Re: Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?

    I don't worry about warranties on my watches as the quality has almost always been good, especially on name brands from the usual grey market vendors. Most have good return policies and rarely have I had to return watches (twice I can think of)

    A lawyer I know says that a warranty is nothing more than a license to fight and are not worth the paper they are printed on.

    My three Oris have been flawless and the money saved by buying grey market and pre-owned more than offset the risk, IMHO.
    playinwittime likes this.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Jose, California-USA
    Posts
    38,325

    Re: Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?

    The watches I took in with warranty issues, those customers would have a different opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    I don't worry about warranties on my watches as the quality has almost always been good, especially on name brands from the usual grey market vendors. Most have good return policies and rarely have I had to return watches (twice I can think of)

    A lawyer I know says that a warranty is nothing more than a license to fight and are not worth the paper they are printed on.

    My three Oris have been flawless and the money saved by buying grey market and pre-owned more than offset the risk, IMHO.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    182

    Re: Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder16 View Post
    I always like saving money, but from what I have read online, especially for automatics, its better to spend more at an authorized dealer than the grey market. How have you all fared with grey market ORIS's?

    What's the best priced online authorized dealer for ORIS watches?
    I have bought one Oris from Topper jewelers- communication with Rob Caplan was pure pleasure!


    Sent from

  9. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,258

    Re: Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?

    No mention of any grey market dealers on this forum

    I would recommend our forum sponsor - Topper Jewelers.

    Chris

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    The watches I took in with warranty issues, those customers would have a different opinion.


    Obviously. How is that relevant or helpful?
    Last edited by jupiter6; October 6th, 2016 at 10:05.

  11. #10
    Member JonS1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: Best online Authorized Dealer of ORIS?

    I purchased my Oris Big Crown from Topper. I had a great experience with them and would purchase from them again without hesitation. I also like the idea of having a proper AD service and warranty.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Authorized Dealer vs. Online
      By royse87 in forum Frédérique Constant - Ateliers deMonaco - Alpina
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: March 23rd, 2014, 19:57
    2. Tissot Online Authorized Dealer List?
      By Joshjrn in forum Tissot
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: March 16th, 2014, 21:50
    3. Riseman and authorized dealer (online)
      By Terrapin6 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: January 23rd, 2011, 04:17
    4. Seiko Authorized Online Dealer
      By zepp21 in forum Seiko
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: June 12th, 2010, 05:45
    5. Replies: 5
      Last Post: February 12th, 2009, 18:53

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •