Bue Small Seconds or Day Date ?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bue Small Seconds or Day Date ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bue Small Seconds or Day Date ?

Looking at getting my first Aquis, I've dismissed the GMT because I've decided to keep my Black Bay GMT. So I've been looking at the 2 45.5mm models in Blue. The small seconds seems to be the most readily available and popular, but I do like a sweeping second hand. Only other option would be the Barrier reef III. Any experience of these against each other? your feedback / opinion would be appreciated.

Re: Bue Small Seconds or Day Date ?

I'd never really looked at the Barrier Reef before you mentioned it. It somehow has a very tidy face despite the small seconds and date ring (the latter I really like, much more than a date window). That said the Aquis does have a very clean look and I'm a big fan of sweeping seconds too. Have you seen them both in the flesh? Is it just a question of aesthetics for you?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by auntiegene View Post
    I'd never really looked at the Barrier Reef before you mentioned it. It somehow has a very tidy face despite the small seconds and date ring (the latter I really like, much more than a date window). That said the Aquis does have a very clean look and I'm a big fan of sweeping seconds too. Have you seen them both in the flesh? Is it just a question of aesthetics for you?

I like them all, only seen the small seconds in the flesh, the day date doesn't seem so readily stocked by AD's. Maybe that says something ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I very much doubt you’ll be disappointed by whatever model you go for Fozzy. I’ve got Oris in both full size and small seconds and TBH both styles have got their own appeal.
    auntiegene likes this.

The Green 43.5 also looks pretty stunning in the flesh, just a bit more worried about the versatility compared to the blue !

Quote Originally Posted by FozzyBoy View Post
    The Green 43.5 also looks pretty stunning in the flesh, just a bit more worried about the versatility compared to the blue !
    Versatility? As in what the colour will go with, outfit-wise?

So long as it isn't neon, green makes a statement, but without being too extroverted (like an orange Doxa or a yellow Breitling). Depends what you're trying to tell people about your personality through your watch

FozzyBoy likes this.

Have you seen pictures of the AQUIS Source of Life? It has the Sweeping seconds hand you like and a circular date wheel with a beautiful blue dial and a tungsten bezel insert. I own one and love it. There is currently one for sale on these forums at a good price if you don't want to pay full price for new (or can't find one new). What are your criteria?

Name:  7FEC75C5-92FD-483F-9426-6A5544B9EFEB.jpeg
Views: 86
Size:  657.4 KB
    auntiegene likes this.

Looking at getting my first Aquis, I've dismissed the GMT because I've decided to keep my Black Bay GMT. So I've been looking at the 2 45.5mm models in Blue. The small seconds seems to be the most readily available and popular, but I do like a sweeping second hand. Only other option would be the Barrier reef III. Any experience of these against each other? your feedback / opinion would be appreciated.
    And? What did you go for?

Quote Originally Posted by auntiegene View Post
    And? What did you go for?

Wanted the Barrier Reef 3 but everywhere has sold out in UK, still deciding which other option to go for. Blue Seconds or GMT

Wanted the Barrier Reef 3 but everywhere has sold out in UK, still deciding which other option to go for. Blue Seconds or GMT
    Ah, bugger. Shame first choice is out. FWIW I think the small seconds is more interesting (asymmetry of the dial I guess?), while the GMT is just plain daft (which is why I bought it; subtle in its absurdity)

Both fabulous looking in the flesh though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information