Cape cod polishing my oris
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Cape cod polishing my oris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I bought this watch brand new in 2007 from my local AD. I've worn it quite a bit but I'm always careful with my watches .
    I figured it was time to polish my centennial artelier worldtimer even if it was in great condition.

Some before and after pics. After pics are the 5 last ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Cape cod polishing my oris

Cool. I’ve been thinking about giving that stuff a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I'm asking these questions just for clarity and because I can only make assumptions based on the pics, but does a cape cod cloth remove scratches as well ? Swirl marks ? Do you use it on the crystal as well, or just the metal pieces (case, case back, bracelet if applicable, etc) ? From the pics, it looks like you took out a ton of swirl marks (similar to what you'd see in the clear coat of automotive paint) from the case. If that's indeed what happened, that's pretty awesome just from a cloth.
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for posting and a nicely finished product. You can really tell the difference between pics 3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner1 View Post
    So, I'm asking these questions just for clarity and because I can only make assumptions based on the pics, but does a cape cod cloth remove scratches as well ? Swirl marks ? Do you use it on the crystal as well, or just the metal pieces (case, case back, bracelet if applicable, etc) ? From the pics, it looks like you took out a ton of swirl marks (similar to what you'd see in the clear coat of automotive paint) from the case. If that's indeed what happened, that's pretty awesome just from a cloth.
    Normally you use this on polished surfaces. It removes tiny scratches and gives it a nice polished finish. Some use this cloth to remove the ar coating from the crystal when its heavily scratched or simply because they dont like the blue hue. The whole process took about 10 mins.
    Last edited by 1st timer; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:57.

Yukoner, a CC cloth will remove light swirlies from a watch but not more heavy ones. You need to take great care not to treat any bushed ares with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st timer View Post
    Normally you use this on polished surfaces. It removes tiny scratches and gives it a nice polished finish. Some use this cloth to remove the ar coating from the crystal when its heavily scratched or simply because they dont like the blue hue. The whole process took about 10 mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Yukoner, a CC cloth will remove light swirlies from a watch but not more heavy ones. You need to take great care not to treat any bushed ares with it.
    Thanks for the info. Why not on brushed areas ? Is a CC cloth abrasive ? Like a fine polish for automotive paint ?
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

Nice!

The engraving of the building on the caseback reminded me of the old Martin factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st timer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Thanks for the info. Why not on brushed areas ? Is a CC cloth abrasive ? Like a fine polish for automotive paint ?
    It'll remove the mat finish and give it a shine if applied in thise areas.

I believe that CC is a mix of chemicals and abrasives (please correct me if I’m wrong). Either way, the end result will be your mat finish developing a gleam that it shouldn’t have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information