Case Size Question - Oris TT1 Small Seconds VS. Oris Great Barrier Reef?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Boaters

Thread: Case Size Question - Oris TT1 Small Seconds VS. Oris Great Barrier Reef?

Case Size Question - Oris TT1 Small Seconds VS. Oris Great Barrier Reef?

I'm hoping someone on the forum has seen both watches in person and can describe how each wear. I know both watches are spec'd at 47mm case size but I "hear" that the Grand Barrier Reef wears like a 45mm and the TT1 Small seconds wears like a full 47mm. Can anyone confirm or clarify the case size appearances for me. Thanks so much!!! Frank - NY

Re: Case Size Question - Oris TT1 Small Seconds VS. Oris Great Barrier Reef?

Quote Originally Posted by fcammarata View Post
    I'm hoping someone on the forum has seen both watches in person and can describe how each wear. I know both watches are spec'd at 47mm case size but I "hear" that the Grand Barrier Reef wears like a 45mm and the TT1 Small seconds wears like a full 47mm. Can anyone confirm or clarify the case size appearances for me. Thanks so much!!! Frank - NY

I dont own neither watches.....but love them both. From what I can tell....dont think there is magic that make a 47mm feel just like 45mm...Especially considering both watches are similar design in a way that look "typical" ORIS look (you know the one that look like old diving helmet?) For example, I used to keep hearing people say the Prodiver fit smaller on your wrist....but when I try them on flesh at the dealers....I still look like "power ranger". I guess because of my sexy small hairless wrist, regardless of how I turn and cast spell....it still look big on my wrist (maybe I ran out of mana)

From your previous post/thread, I have noticed you are having difficulty in choosing whether to go tt1 small seconds or the tt1 with blue color design.
    Look if you take out color preference as reason....I guess the next thing you should ask is whether you are a lefty or righty?? Personally (I maybe biased though)...I love the small seconds...simply because of the more stand out color combination (Orange and black).

Best still (if you still in dilemma) ...go to your bank...withdraw tons of cash (all those hard work savings)....and buy both watches Here is a tip (only for the married life)....just make sure you wear those "football" helmet (and make sure you paid your life insurance in full) when you reach home

Hi Frank, they are both big watches but I have only worn the Small Seconds and know about it. I have never heard that the GBR wears any smaller than the SS and as they are the same size I suspect they will feel the same on

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Frank I have the small seconds and it doesn't look like a 47 mm on my wrist which is slightly under 8 inches. The Barrier Reef, that I have seen in person, looked very similar in size and wears about the same. They are both large watches compared to other classic divers. JMHO. Happy Hunting.
    Kevin
    Last edited by Streetboss; July 11th, 2013 at 19:01. Reason: Spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Hi Frank, they are both big watches but I have only worn the Small Seconds and know about it. I have never heard that the GBR wears any smaller than the SS and as they are the same size I suspect they will feel the same on
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetboss View Post
    Frank I have the small seconds and it doesn't look like a 47 mm on my wrist which is slightly under 8 inches. The Barrier Reef, that I have seen in person, looked very similar in size and wears about the same. They are both large watches compared to other classic divers. JMHO. Happy Hunting.
    Kevin
    Thank you both for your input! Appreciate it very much.

Cheers!

They Are The Same Frank .. Exact Same Bracelet (At Least On Mine) Same Case. Of Course The GBR Is A Lefty And The Dials Reflect That But As Far As Feel On The Wrist The Same. As Far As Looks IMPO The Same .. Hope This Helps ..

Here Is A Couple Of Side By Side Pics Frank You Be The Judge.

adsusanto, red_dave and Keehna666 like this.

Gosh...those are dead gorgeous side by side (you lucky son of a gun to have both of them) I would be wearing both of them daily...one in my right wrist...and the other on my left...

This is so helpful to see both side by side Mike! Thank you very much. Your pics have helped me make the decision to go after the same two that you have. It's really having the best of both worlds. I'm a lefty so the GBR is a must. The TT1 small seconds black with orange is such a eye catching piece. I see why you have both.

Tks again!

Frank. -

Thread Information