WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Cheating on my Oris

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  rosborn 
#1 ·
I've had a real dilemma lately. I love my Oris watches. I've had more of them than any other brand- 7 to date! I've found my Apple Watch taking up my wrist time. I am not getting rid of any mechanicals, but I feel I'm cheating on my Oris watches. I wear one mechanical on one wrist and then the AW on the other. I even made a change on my AW. It just doesn't feel right! Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Nope.

I have a Garmin Fenix 3 that basically is like your Apple watch that gets little to no wrist time. It was fun for a little while but I found its "move" alert (telling to get off my rear and move) a little too intrusive and controlling. I think I'm going to sell it. My Aquis loves me just as I am and is quite happy with me moving just my left arm enough to keep it happily wound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I expect it to gain several more health sensors over future versions (Apple hired several people with such expertise), health monitoring could become the "killer app" for smartwatches.
This being said, I find my gen 1 Apple Watch much more pleasant than I expected.

#14 ·
My kids are not interested in mechanical watches, future generations will be lesser.

Market will shrink and the fittest survives but there will always be a bunch of die hard enthusiasts like LP records to keep the industry alive.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Guilty as charged. There was a time when I never would have owned a mechanical watch. I wasn't interested in the "less than complete accuracy" of automatic watches and preferred quartz analogue watches. Now, I don't own one quartz analogue and own two "specialty" digital watches. Thee Fenix doesn't get much wrist time and I am thinking about selling it and the G-Shock has become my field watch. I have regressed in my appreciation for technology - preferring gears, springs and pendulums over batteries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.