Clasp question between Rubber and SS Bracelet...

Thread: Clasp question between Rubber and SS Bracelet...

Exclamation Clasp question between Rubber and SS Bracelet...

Guys..

I have a Diver Small Seconds Date with a Stainless Steel Bracelet. If you want the Oris Rubber Strap, do you just order the Rubber Strap and swap out the clasp?????
    Or do you have to order/or have the Clasp for a Rubber Strap?

Basically, is the Clasp on the SS Bracelet and the Rubber Strap the exact same?

Will

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking
    Current Watch - Breitling SS Aeromarine Avenger Seawolf - Blue Dial

Re: Clasp question between Rubber and SS Bracelet...

If I'm honest I never considered changing the strap and keeping the clasp but I think (and it is only think) that the two are different. If you source the strap from an AD it will come complete with clasp though I do believe that it is possible to source just the rubber bits on the Bay. I stand to be corrected on both the clasp business and the Bay thing.

Hey Stick,

You are right about the Oris rubber only sales on the "bay". They run around 154.00 or so depending on the seller. They do not have a clasp with them.

I was quoted a price of 285.00 (USD) from a popular forum that specializes in ORIS and ORIS accessories. :) BUT DAMN... 285.00 for a rubber strap? Seriously!?

SO... that is what has prompted my question.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    If I'm honest I never considered changing the strap and keeping the clasp but I think (and it is only think) that the two are different. If you source the strap from an AD it will come complete with clasp though I do believe that it is possible to source just the rubber bits on the Bay. I stand to be corrected on both the clasp business and the Bay thing.

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking
    Current Watch - Breitling SS Aeromarine Avenger Seawolf - Blue Dial

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The prices for the rubber strap are pretty pricy, but i got an aftermarket rubber strap for around 20$ on ebay. The strap fitted perfect but the clasp wasnt that good so i ordered an other clasp that hopefully will be better.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by wluttrell View Post
    I was quoted a price of 285.00 (USD) from a popular forum that specializes in ORIS and ORIS accessories. :) BUT DAMN... 285.00 for a rubber strap? Seriously!?
    i was quoted around $385, if I recall, by my AD for the rubber only (no clasp). The best price I found was from Jambor Jewelers (a WUS sponsor). They were even lower than what I could find on eBay. Oris pricing in North America should be termed "Rape and Pillage". By comparison, my AD's price for an OEM rubber strap (no clasp) for my Breitling Superocean Heritage, was only $75.

Thread Information