Comments on the ProDiver Pointer Moon please?

Thread: Comments on the ProDiver Pointer Moon please?

Comments on the ProDiver Pointer Moon please?

Hi all,

I'm nearly at the decision to get a Depth Gauge but...

Could anyone with a ProDiver Pointer Moon - or a ProDiver Date for that matter - comment on those if they have either?

How they feel, any problems with them etc.

The Moon Pointer looks cool but I can't find many comments on it...or pictures (hint).

Thanks a lot. I appreciate anyone who takes time to help.

Re: Comments on the ProDiver Pointer Moon please?

Drafty (managed to get your name right this time). The PM or the PDD are superb watches and aren't such a wristful as their size might suggest. If anything I find the titanium PM easier to wear on my skinny wrist than the steel DG because for me weight is a bigger thing than size. If I was backed into a corner and weight wasn't an issue for me I would go for the DG over the PM as it looks better (there I said it and haven't been struck dead as I thought I would). As with all my photos it leaves a heck os a lot to be desired but here's my PM.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  173.4 KB

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  156.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Drafty (managed to get your name right this time). The PM or the PDD are superb watches and aren't such a wristful as their size might suggest. If anything I find the titanium PM easier to wear on my skinny wrist than the steel DG because for me weight is a bigger thing than size. If I was backed into a corner and weight wasn't an issue for me I would go for the DG over the PM as it looks better (there I said it and haven't been struck dead as I thought I would). As with all my photos it leaves a heck os a lot to be desired but here's my PM.
    Hah! Thanks Sticky. I think I'll just PM you next time I have a question! You're the go-to.

Pictures are great thanks. I was even considering the Force Recon as it's the same size, but I'm not sure the extra markup is worth it.

Price wise, is the PM similar to the DG? My only reference is Chrono24 and that's as good as a guess. My local store didn't have the price on the Pro Divers against the Depth Gauge!

Thanks mate.
    ps. I noticed your moon pointer doesn't move. You can set it not to?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

On this side of the pond the DG is about $228 more expensive than the PM. The reason my Moon pointer doesn't move is down to idleness on my part and me only powering the watch up every few months. I'm pretty sure that you can't choose to "disengage" it. Any watch that has a Moon complication and forms part of a rota is a good candidate for a winder as I often wondered how owners of moon phase watches could bear to wear them un-set - now I know.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    On this side of the pond the DG is about $228 more expensive than the PM. The reason my Moon pointer doesn't move is down to idleness on my part and me only powering the watch up every few months. I'm pretty sure that you can't choose to "disengage" it. Any watch that has a Moon complication and forms part of a rota is a good candidate for a winder as I often wondered how owners of moon phase watches could bear to wear them un-set - now I know.
    Thanks for the price, that's interesting considering the titanium models usually go for more...plus it's the 'pro' line.
    Right, I guess you'd have to wind it forward a lot to get it to the correct moon phase if you were the opposite side of the month or whatever.

Thanks again.

Thread Information