WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Contemplating an ORIS

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  sticky 
#1 ·
Well I have really started looking hard at ORIS, never really been on my radar but the small seconds and diver date have really caught my eye. Love the bracelet and patterned dial. What I can't decide on and can't judge is how each will wear. My "sweet spot" is a 44mm watch. Watches like my Hamilton X-Wind are perfect. While the diver date is 44mm, the dial at the tapered end is probably considerably smaller and thus wears probably more like a 39mm or so which is too small. The small seconds at 47mm is huge but maybe that wears like a 44mm, don't know. I have 7" wrist, does anyone have pics of either or even both on an around a 7" wrist? I prefer the look of the diver date only because I'm not sure about the asymmetrical position of the seconds dial on the small seconds but hate to get a divers date and find its too small. Thanks in advance you guys. Also if you guys had a to pick one ORIS chrono from their dive line, which would it be?

#2 · (Edited)
Cant say I blame you for looking at Oris watches. I have posted pics of my Small Seconds and Diver Date on my 6.75" wrist. Many, if not most, would say that it is too big for me but the main drawback I find about it is the weight of the thing. At 250g it is like having an anvil strapped to my wrist. If I had to pick one of them it would be the DD as I find it more "house trained" than the SS. The nicest chrono is the ProDiver Chronograph but that is a monster at 51mm Diameter and 22mm (ish) thick. If I didn't have this beast already I would probably look at the Aquis Titan chrono.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

#4 ·
Cant say I blame you for looking at Oris watches. I have posted pics of my Small Seconds and Diver Date on my 6.75" wrist. Many, if not most, would say that it is too big for me but the main drawback I find about it is the weight of the thing. At 250g it is like having an anvil strapped to my wrist. If I had to pick one of them it would be the DD as I find it more "house trained" than the SS. The nicest chrono is the ProDiver Chronograph but that is a monster at 51mm Diameter and 22mm (ish) thick. If I didn't have this beast already I would probably look at the Aquis Titan chrono.
View attachment 1198004
View attachment 1198005
Thanks, this helps a lot! The small seconds really looks big there. Just curious is there a big difference in the lug to lug dimenion? While the diameter is only 3mm different, the small seconds looks like it overhangs on your wrist and the DD looks about right.

lastly whats with the daisy, LOL?

#9 ·
Just had a quick measure and the SS is 54mm L 2 L and the DD is 51mm. I think part of the reason that the SS dwarfs my puny wrist is that it is so thick compared to the DD.
When I took the photo of the DD my lawn was full of daisies and I thought "how can I liven the WRUW shot a bit" hence the flower in the watch.

#12 ·
Oris is my next buy I'm saving for that and a Helson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.