Divers 1965 .... really
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Divers 1965 .... really

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    532

    Divers 1965 .... really

    Just found one to try on ... Quite underwhelmed is all I can say. I have seen some great pictures of this model, but sadly this is way different from the real thing. Such a tiny little watch.

  2. #2
    EHV
    EHV is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC Suburbs
    Posts
    2,442

    Re: Divers 1965 .... really

    I take it that your not too fond of vintage watches.

    Other than the size, what did you not care for? How was the fit and finish to you and seemingly, the most controversial point of the watch, is the font choice. What did you think of those points?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    532
    This is not the watch that I would think twice of looking at on someone's wrist. It felt a bit like a kiddies watch. The font and face suits the watch and so does the bezel. the case back looked tacky. The strap is very stiff (might soften with wear?) , so it positions the watch slightly And the colour is awful with the watch, I thought the dealer changed the original, this is how much it is a mismatch in my eyes. I actually like vintage, but this is not a great watch in my book. most of my watches are 42+ , I have one 38 which I love and regularly wear, so I'm not bias on size.
    Just my 2c, this is a watch at a very affordable level, but it feels like a toy.
    sorry to the fans, just my thoughts
    Last edited by DieSkim; September 17th, 2015 at 13:14.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Polyurethane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    153

    Re: Divers 1965 .... really

    What is your size wrist?

    I have 17,5 cm and it fits perfect. I don't agree with you.
    When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyurethane View Post
    What is your size wrist?

    I have 17,5 cm and it fits perfect. I don't agree with you.
    Don't know my wrist size, but size was not my main issue. Sorry man

  7. #6
    Member BrentYYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: Divers 1965 .... really

    To each his own. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things (or plain vanilla watches).

    By the way, almost all vintage watches feel like "kiddies" watches compared to the hulking pieces of metal produced today, and this one is true to the original design and not just an 'inspired ' modern interpretation, so of course it won't feel the same as a modern watch. It's a refreshing change from all the vanilla watches out there.
    Toothbras and johnno1954 like this.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    To each his own. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things (or plain vanilla watches).

    By the way, almost all vintage watches feel like "kiddies" watches compared to the hulking pieces of metal produced today, and this one is true to the original design and not just an 'inspired ' modern interpretation, so of course it won't feel the same as a modern watch. It's a refreshing change from all the vanilla watches out there.
    I fully agree regarding taste, and I'll agree to disagree with this one. I have never however referred to a watch as 'kiddies' before. So to say that about vintage watches is a stretch.

  9. #8
    Member WastedYears's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,324

    Re: Divers 1965 .... really

    Quote Originally Posted by DieSkim View Post
    This is not the watch that I would think twice of looking at on someone's wrist. It felt a bit like a kiddies watch. The font and face suits the watch and so does the bezel. the case back looked tacky. The strap is very stiff (might soften with wear?) , so it positions the watch slightly And the colour is awful with the watch, I thought the dealer changed the original, this is how much it is a mismatch in my eyes. I actually like vintage, but this is not a great watch in my book. most of my watches are 42+ , I have one 38 which I love and regularly wear, so I'm not bias on size.
    Just my 2c, this is a watch at a very affordable level, but it feels like a toy.
    sorry to the fans, just my thoughts
    I take it you tried it on with the textile strap? Because the rubber strap is anything but stiff.

  10. #9
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    59,692

    Re: Divers 1965 .... really

    We could perhaps form the smallest club in the world because the 1965 doesn't send me in to raptures.

  11. #10
    Member Stromboli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,016

    Re: Divers 1965 .... really

    I also have a 7.5" wrist, and I can't wait untill I get the funds from some sales of other watches and pull the trigger on the Oris 65. I started collecting about 11 years ago and used to always be big on size until my age started to show signs of my wrists getting a tad smaller and just a little muscle mass. Then my taste for watch sizes began to come down in size, from 44mm's to 40mm's. 40mm is the "lowest" that I will go and I feel most comfortable at this size.

    Don't get me wrong I still have my 44mm Longines Master Chrono, and my 42mm Vintage Oceans, but my 40mm Hamilton Khaki Field's rock like there is no tomorrow. And that is exactly what this Oris Sixty-Five will do when I acquire it. It is sure to rock, especially with some tan, or sand colored Nato's. Man, I just cannot wait until I can purchase one.

    P.S. Keep up with those photos guys and gals they are sooooo cool looking. As far as those who don't feel the love of the Oris 65, well this is what makes this community so great.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. 1965 Submariner
      By jadamo in forum Rolex & Tudor
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: April 6th, 2011, 04:45
    2. Rare 1965 eterna-matic 3000 vintage 1965
      By chronomeister in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: September 1st, 2010, 02:04
    3. Replies: 15
      Last Post: April 20th, 2010, 23:48
    4. 1965 Seamaster
      By cdmackay in forum Omega
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: November 11th, 2008, 01:26
    5. FS: Bvlgari Diagono Divers, Nauticfish Divers PVD & Daniel Mink Divers. Further Price Redu
      By Alex Collector in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: November 4th, 2008, 21:47

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •