Divers 65 pricing

Thread: Divers 65 pricing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Divers 65 pricing

Hey guys,

I am in Canada shopping for the week and want to take advantage of the exchange rate. I came across an AD willing to sell a 65 with the Arabic numerals for 1500 CAD. Is that a good price? Grey Market is approx $1200.

Re: Divers 65 pricing

Quote Originally Posted by watch_Seeker8 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am in Canada shopping for the week and want to take advantage of the exchange rate. I came across an AD willing to sell a 65 with the Arabic numerals for 1500 CAD. Is that a good price? Grey Market is approx $1200.
    That's a great price. Basically grey market price but with a warranty. Get it.

Can you claim the tax back? That's the real kicker shipping in Canada. I bought mine grey market while traveling in the USA. I saved the (13%) tax, making it about $1500 after exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will also be in canada soon, explain to me what you mean by "claim the tax back"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In some provinces and states, you can apply to be refunded the sales tax you spent. I have no idea which provinces offer this. It's worth investigating, however, because on a $1500 purchase, It will amount to a couple of hundred dollars.

Good info, I wasn't aware of that, I will look into it!

Thanks.

USA citizens can recover most Canadian sales taxes by filling out a form and providing receipts. Have done this for trips to Ontario and Quebec and believe it to be true for most or all other provinces as well.

Quote Originally Posted by trh77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by watch_Seeker8 View Post
    Hey guys,

That's a great price. Basically grey market price but with a warranty. Get it.

Can you claim the tax back? That's the real kicker shipping in Canada. I bought mine grey market while traveling in the USA. I saved the (13%) tax, making it about $1500 after exchange.

Awesome! I actually pulled the trigger. I looked on Chrono24 and other sources. $1200 US is the best price I came up with.

I will be claiming it back but not familiar with that process. I am in Canada until Friday. Where do I go in the airport to do that??

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    USA citizens can recover most Canadian sales taxes by filling out a form and providing receipts. Have done this for trips to Ontario and Quebec and believe it to be true for most or all other provinces as well.
    Yes..I need to claim all the taxes back. I'm in Toronto. Where in the airport do I need to go in order to fulfill this process??

At that price I don't think you'll have any regrets over paying the little bit more for an AD watch over the GM price.

Yea I definitely agree to that. I lucked out. It was a time piece store in one of the plus 15's in downtown either going out of business or clearing old inventory. They even had an Oris Aquis at a little more than grey market.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information