Divers 65 pricing

Thread: Divers 65 pricing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    27

    Divers 65 pricing

    Hey guys,

    I am in Canada shopping for the week and want to take advantage of the exchange rate. I came across an AD willing to sell a 65 with the Arabic numerals for 1500 CAD. Is that a good price? Grey Market is approx $1200.

  2. #2
    Member trh77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    291

    Re: Divers 65 pricing

    Quote Originally Posted by watch_Seeker8 View Post
    Hey guys,

    I am in Canada shopping for the week and want to take advantage of the exchange rate. I came across an AD willing to sell a 65 with the Arabic numerals for 1500 CAD. Is that a good price? Grey Market is approx $1200.
    That's a great price. Basically grey market price but with a warranty. Get it.

    Can you claim the tax back? That's the real kicker shipping in Canada. I bought mine grey market while traveling in the USA. I saved the (13%) tax, making it about $1500 after exchange.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Member Cliffio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    196

    Re: Divers 65 pricing

    I will also be in canada soon, explain to me what you mean by "claim the tax back"

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member trh77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    291

    Re: Divers 65 pricing

    In some provinces and states, you can apply to be refunded the sales tax you spent. I have no idea which provinces offer this. It's worth investigating, however, because on a $1500 purchase, It will amount to a couple of hundred dollars.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Member Cliffio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    196

    Re: Divers 65 pricing

    Good info, I wasn't aware of that, I will look into it!

    Thanks.

  7. #6
    Member yankeexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,102

    Re: Divers 65 pricing

    USA citizens can recover most Canadian sales taxes by filling out a form and providing receipts. Have done this for trips to Ontario and Quebec and believe it to be true for most or all other provinces as well.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by trh77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by watch_Seeker8 View Post
    Hey guys,

    I am in Canada shopping for the week and want to take advantage of the exchange rate. I came across an AD willing to sell a 65 with the Arabic numerals for 1500 CAD. Is that a good price? Grey Market is approx $1200.
    That's a great price. Basically grey market price but with a warranty. Get it.

    Can you claim the tax back? That's the real kicker shipping in Canada. I bought mine grey market while traveling in the USA. I saved the (13%) tax, making it about $1500 after exchange.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Awesome! I actually pulled the trigger. I looked on Chrono24 and other sources. $1200 US is the best price I came up with.

    I will be claiming it back but not familiar with that process. I am in Canada until Friday. Where do I go in the airport to do that??

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    USA citizens can recover most Canadian sales taxes by filling out a form and providing receipts. Have done this for trips to Ontario and Quebec and believe it to be true for most or all other provinces as well.
    Yes..I need to claim all the taxes back. I'm in Toronto. Where in the airport do I need to go in order to fulfill this process??

  10. #9
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    59,796

    Re: Divers 65 pricing

    At that price I don't think you'll have any regrets over paying the little bit more for an AD watch over the GM price.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    27

    Re: Divers 65 pricing

    Yea I definitely agree to that. I lucked out. It was a time piece store in one of the plus 15's in downtown either going out of business or clearing old inventory. They even had an Oris Aquis at a little more than grey market.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Pricing.
      By Spitfire007 in forum Omega
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: September 22nd, 2016, 17:30
    2. VSA pricing (or, watch pricing generally)
      By mechanicalperfection in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: August 15th, 2016, 22:44
    3. Pricing of GS
      By walfisch in forum Seiko
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: March 25th, 2013, 18:09
    4. Replies: 5
      Last Post: July 6th, 2012, 18:05
    5. FS: Bvlgari Diagono Divers, Nauticfish Divers PVD & Daniel Mink Divers. Further Price Redu
      By Alex Collector in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: November 4th, 2008, 21:47

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •