Divers Date suitable for the office?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Divers Date suitable for the office?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thumbs Up Divers Date suitable for the office?

Hey guys, I have a Oris chrono and while i love it to bits, due to its size (both diameter and thickness) it doesnt fit well under a cuff and found that its just not suitable for an office environment. Now because its been like 2hrs since my last purchase I feel that need again, looking to scratch that with a DD in black. My question really is for those of you who have this watch (or the blue version) does it work with business attire? The size looks anout right 44mm but wears small due to the pie pan thing and the outer links are polished. Thoughts? Really want to love the DD but dont need another weekend warrior in the warchbox. Thanks for the advice and if you guys have any pics with dress shirts that would be a bonus.

Re: Divers Date suitable for the office?

You're right about it wearing small, but (warning: opinion coming) I still wouldn't call the DD a good match for a dress shirt. If you're buying a watch specifically for business attire, why not go with something more business-like?

I was afraid of that. My motivation is that since I like my Oris Chrono so much I just would like to have a similarly styled Oris that I could wear more often but as you stated maybe Im trying to make the DD something its not. As i mentioned I dont want to this to be stuffed in my watchbox just to be flipped later.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is definitely a versatile diver. I considered it when I bought my Aquis 43mm. The DD would look great with polo and jeans, sweater and slacks, etc, but to me it's still too sporty for a dress shirt. But I've been wrong plenty of times and maybe someone will have pictures to change my mind!

It may also depend on your wrist size. It's pretty thick and that is easier to pull off for a 7.5"+ wrist.

I know that for me, if the watch doesn't slide easily under the cuff, it's a no-go for the office.

W_H the Diver Date is a fabulous watch but even though it will fit under a shirt cuff, like D said, it's not really a dress watch - even the black one. You may well be better looking at something from the Artelier range instead.

I have to say, what works with your business attire is totally dependent on your wrist size. I used to wear a Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 Chrono under a dress shirt and it feels great. That being said my wrist is around 7.5 if not a little bigger. So for me, I think 45-47mm is actually perfect all around size for anything I wear.

Banned

It looks fine. I'm over dressing up for work and wish I could wear flip-flops and shorts to work all year round, not just over xmas/new years.

Works for me....
    Name:  IMG_20131120_092443.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  79.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

watch_hor, daschlag, gaopa and 2 others like this.
    Beginner watch collector...
    Oris TT1 Diver Date - Black
    Omega Seamaster PO - Black

​Tbc...

...and it fits perfectly well under a dress shirt daily!
    Beginner watch collector...
    Oris TT1 Diver Date - Black
    Omega Seamaster PO - Black

​Tbc...

I think it should, I just picked one up today as my tough yet dressier watch..:confused:

Sent from the dark side
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information