do Oris Aquis straps/bracelets fit the TT1?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BrentYYC
  • 1 Post By BrentYYC

Thread: do Oris Aquis straps/bracelets fit the TT1?

do Oris Aquis straps/bracelets fit the TT1?

As the weather warms up, I'm starting to realize that I may have trimmed my TT1 rubber strap a little too short for my summer wrist size (I like my watches fairly snug). Now that I'm potentially shopping around to get this thing fitting a little better, would an Aquis strap or bracelet fit the TT1 lugs? By all appearances, they look very similar... Plus, I really like the micro-adjustment on the new rubber strap.

If not, would a titanium bracelet off a Chrono Diver fit? I like the brushed look, and think this might be the best option otherwise...

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Re: do Oris Aquis straps/bracelets fit the TT1?

You need to know the inside and outside dimensions of the lugs, because Oris varies them both.

The Aquis is 26mm to the outside of the lugs and the inside Interhorn measurement is 12mm. If the TT1 has the same measurements, then an Aquis strap should fit. If you look at the reference number on your strap, the second set of digits from the far right will be the outside measurement (ex. 26 or 24). You will need to manually measure the inside width.

FYI, if the Aquis dimensions don't match the TT1, the Prodiver Date lugs are 26mm outside, 10mm inside, and the Small Seconds Diver lugs are 24mm outside, 10mm inside.

The trick diver clasp on the Aquis is extremely cool and functional, by the way, but the replacement straps and clasps aren't cheap.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; May 7th, 2013 at 15:53.

Nope. the measurement to the outside of the lugs - what Oris call the interhorn width is 26mm on the Aquis and 24mm on the TT1. Take a look at the Oris website as all their watch specs are given and you can get an idea of the interhorn width. Be careful though, both the Aquis range and the PDD have interhorn widths of 26mm but have different internal widths.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bummer, yeah after a bit more cursory research, it looks like I'll be stuck with the original SS bracelet made specifically for the TT1. Will have to get it brushed though...

Quote Originally Posted by dinexus View Post
    Bummer, yeah after a bit more cursory research, it looks like I'll be stuck with the original SS bracelet made specifically for the TT1. Will have to get it brushed though...
    Not necessarily. You need to measure your watch, as I mentioned above, to determine BOTH the inner and outer lug dimensions. If the TT1 is 24mm outside, then you might still be able to get a Small Seconds Diver strap to work as long as the TT1 interhorn (inside) dimension matches (10mm). I don't know what kind of clasp the Small Seconds Diver comes with, but Oris rubber straps and divers extension clasps can be ordered separately, so if the SSD strap matches your size, but the clasp isn't the one you want, you can order the Aquis clasp for it (it will fit all the diver rubber straps).
    Last edited by BrentYYC; May 7th, 2013 at 22:14.
    GarthE likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    Not necessarily. You need to measure your watch, as I mentioned above, to determine BOTH the inner and outer lug dimensions. If the TT1 is 24mm outside, then you might still be able to get a Small Seconds Diver strap to work as long as the TT1 interhorn (inside) dimension matches (10mm). I don't know what kind of clasp the Small Seconds Diver comes with, but Oris rubber straps and divers extension clasps can be ordered separately, so if the SSD strap matches your size, but the clasp isn't the one you want, you can order the Aquis clasp for it (it will fit all the diver rubber straps).
    Again, excellent information — thank you! From browsing here:

Genuine Oris stainless steel bracelets and rubber watch bands for BMW Williams F1 and Oris TT1

...it looks like the Aquis clasp is slightly different (attachment points through two bars on each end of the strap instead of one?). Does this really fit a TT1 strap which is different dimensions than the Aquis? Also, just the clasp can be ordered separately of the strap itself? Really like the micro-adjust on the Aquis clasp — the basic TT1 clasp leaves much to be desired. Guess I should pay my local AD a visit to see what they can get for me.
    Last edited by dinexus; May 7th, 2013 at 23:03.

...it looks like the Aquis clasp is slightly different (attachment points through two bars on each end of the strap instead of one?). Does this really fit a TT1 strap which is different dimensions than the Aquis?
    No, the Aquis clasp won't fit the TT1 strap (I spoke hastily when I said it would fit all diver straps). What I meant was that the Aquis and TT1 straps are the same width at the clasp end. Unfortunately the Aquis style diver extension clasp requires a rubber strap that has tang holes in it like a normal strap. I know for sure this is the type of strap used on both the Aquis and the Prodiver, but both of those have an outside lug width of 26mm compared to the TT1's 24mm. What I'm not sure about is what type of strap the Small Seconds Diver uses, and whether it will fit the lugs of your watch (you don't seem to have measured yours yet). Your lugs will need to be 24mm on the outside and 10 mm on the inside. The Small Seconds Diver strap is the unknown quantity, here, and it might fit yours but those two questions need to be answered first to know for sure. The Small Seconds will also need to have tang holes to be compatible with the Aquis buckle.

Also, just the clasp can be ordered separately of the strap itself? Really like the micro-adjust on the Aquis clasp — the basic TT1 clasp leaves much to be desired. Guess I should pay my local AD a visit to see what they can get for me.
    Yes the clasp can be ordered either by itself, or with the strap. If it turns out 1) the Small Seconds Diver strap fits your lugs, and 2) it uses the same sort of tang strap as the Aquis and Prodiver, then you will be able to order a Small Seconds Diver strap (without buckle) and an Aquis diver extension clasp, and pair the two of them. Who knows, though, maybe the SSD comes with the clasp you want? I don't have the answer, but if you stop at an AD and take a look you'll be able to figure it out pretty quickly.

Unfortunately Oris doesn't make it easy to switch straps around. They mix up the lug dimensions and strap/buckle types up so much that it makes interchangeability very difficult.

EDIT: I found some pics of the Small Seconds Diver strap, and it looks like it's the same type of buckle attachment as the TT1, so even it if does fit the case, it won't fit the Aquis clasp. It appears you're out of luck, unless you get a strap that overhangs the lugs by 1mm on both sides.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; May 7th, 2013 at 23:50.
    dinexus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    Unfortunately Oris doesn't make it easy to switch straps around. They mix up the lug dimensions and strap/buckle types up so much that it makes interchangeability very difficult.
    I am learning this the hard way. Love the watch, but the lack of strap interchangeability is driving me nuts. Think I'm just going to get the right bracelet and have it brushed and call it a day.

You're a champion for answering all my questions — thank you!

Thread Information