Does the 36mm Aquis use screw pins for its links?

Thread: Does the 36mm Aquis use screw pins for its links?

Does the 36mm Aquis use screw pins for its links?

I, as an unfortunate member of the wimpy-wristed male crowd, am considering the purchase of the 36mm women's Aquis so as not to be overwhelmed by its size. The only question I have can be found in the title. Thank you for assistance!

Re: Does the 36mm Aquis use screw pins for its links?

Firstly, as a fellow member of the skinny-wristed crowd- lay off. My 43mm Aquis has screw links so I assume the 36mm one has screws too as this seems to be the way that Oris have gone with all their dive watches. I looked on the interweb for pics of the 36mm Aquis and it looks like the bracelets have screws rather than pins but I can't be 100% sure.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Another thing to consider is that due to the short curved lugs of the Aquis, they fit a smaller wrist better than you would expect, so a 43mm version might work just fine for you. This will be even more true if you choose a 43mm model that has a contrasting color bezel, so the eye focuses on the size of the dial rather than the larger mass when the bezel and dial are matching colors, as shown below.

Name:  8133_733_7653_41_55_rs.png
Views: 160
Size:  218.6 KBName:  9922_733_7653_41_53_rs.png
Views: 215
Size:  170.1 KB
    Last edited by BrentYYC; May 29th, 2013 at 19:56.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    Another thing to consider is that due to the short curved lugs of the Aquis, they fit a smaller wrist better than you would expect, so a 43mm version might work just fine for you. This will be even more true if you choose a 43mm model that has a contrasting color bezel, so the eye focuses on the size of the dial rather than the larger mass when the bezel and dial are matching colors, as shown below.

(snip)
    Very helpful suggestions. I notice that you removed the part of your post regarding the issue of water resistance. I have seen conflicting information regarding this watch and whether it is resistant to 30 or 300 meters... Most sources seem to point toward 300, but even the Oris website does not clarify. Again, thank you for your assistance!

Try the 43mm Aquis like Brent suggests because you never know. If I can get away with one on my 6.75" wrist most people can. If you're still not sure you could consider going for the rubber strap as they tend to be a bit more compact than the bracelet. The only downside is that the rubber strap is more casual than the bracelet. All the Aquis range are WR to 300M.

I will definitely consider all the advice provided here - this will be my first "major" watch purchase, so I'm attempting to clarify as many things as possible before diving into the deep end (pun intended)! Thank you all again for your help!

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by techluvr View Post
    Very helpful suggestions. I notice that you removed the part of your post regarding the issue of water resistance. I have seen conflicting information regarding this watch and whether it is resistant to 30 or 300 meters... Most sources seem to point toward 300, but even the Oris website does not clarify. Again, thank you for your assistance!
    Yeah, I was researching it last week and saw information that said 30 meters WR, then today after I made my initial post I noticed on the Oris site it said 30 Bar/300 meters (I'm sure last week it only said 30 meters, as did several online sellers), so I deleted the reference in my post.

Thread Information