Does Oris generally regulate/adjust their movements?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Does Oris generally regulate/adjust their movements?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does Oris generally regulate/adjust their movements?

I've been interested aesthetically in a few of the LE Oris watches like the Clipperton and Clean Ocean, but what I've not been able to determine is if the Oris 733 is in any way regulated or adjusted. Can anyone help if it is either regulated or adjusted?
    Sinn: 104 St Sa I | Citizen: Nighthawk BJ7000, Avion | Casio: GW9400-1 Rangeman, DW5600SB-4 Red Jelly

Re: Does Oris generally regulate/adjust their movements?

I just got my Aquis so I’m no expert. But I don’t think the movement is regulated and the tolerances are say higher than a sinn, but almost everyone I talk to says their oris runs way, way better than the company specs. Mine is right in the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw an owner's manual for Oris mentioned -5/+20 but that seemed to be in most of their manuals (possibly all?). Does that accuracy rating encompass all Oris watches outside of a few exceptions?
    Sinn: 104 St Sa I | Citizen: Nighthawk BJ7000, Avion | Casio: GW9400-1 Rangeman, DW5600SB-4 Red Jelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I can't speak for individual models, but generally speaking watches that aren't certified do not include timecards that specify what the movement did either outside or inside the watch. So whatever regulation/adjustment was performed, if any, is only good for what the manufacturer specifies in their warranty anyway. A watch that is -5/+20 could very well be far in excess of those values in one or more positions and still not be a warranty issue even if on wrist it performs quite badly as a result.

That's why I think if you buy a lot of lower priced watches and/or a few higher priced ones, it's worth investing in a timegrapher if you are at all concerned with accuracy/precision. When I get a new watch I pop it on the timegrapher before I remove any stickers or labels and check it in 5 different positions. If I don't like what I see I will return the watch for a full refund and start again with another one or something else.

Folks who know better will comment on this (because non-material accuracy isn't THAT important to me, personally), but from what I understand, Oris WILL take a watch back under warranty if it is performing poorly. I recall a thread not that long ago about someone getting -24 spd, who returned the watch for in-warranty "repair".

What I can confirm is that no - neither of my Oris' came with a report on timekeeping stats when I got them. I am also of the understanding Oris does not regulate ALL their models.

What I can tell you, from my own personal experience is that I haven't seen a material issue with Oris accuracy in either my LE Aquis, nor in my Divers Sixty-Five. I've been quite happy with both of my Oris', and will be looking for another soon !
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

Quote Originally Posted by dfwcowboy View Post
    I can't speak for individual models, but generally speaking watches that aren't certified do not include timecards that specify what the movement did either outside or inside the watch. So whatever regulation/adjustment was performed, if any, is only good for what the manufacturer specifies in their warranty anyway. A watch that is -5/+20 could very well be far in excess of those values in one or more positions and still not be a warranty issue even if on wrist it performs quite badly as a result.

That's why I think if you buy a lot of lower priced watches and/or a few higher priced ones, it's worth investing in a timegrapher if you are at all concerned with accuracy/precision. When I get a new watch I pop it on the timegrapher before I remove any stickers or labels and check it in 5 different positions. If I don't like what I see I will return the watch for a full refund and start again with another one or something else.
    That's probably a good idea, as I do find that something I am looking at on any watch. Is there a particular recommended Timegrapher? I know there are probably professional ones which are very high quality (and price) but given I won't be repairing any of my watches and only measuring their rated accuracy, I'd find that very interesting to utilize.

Every watch leaving Oris in Hölstein is put on a timegrapher and checked for accuracy after it has been paired with bracelet or strap before being boxed at it's final QC. I have visited the factory and saw the guy doing it, when I had the chance to tour the factory a while ago.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f22/vi...n-4896617.html
    Last edited by Barge; 2 Days Ago at 09:09.
    Alpina, Ambassadeurs, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

I don’t believe they are. Oris watches may well be checked to ensure that they meet the highly generous variation allowances and any that fail may be sent for regulation but for the majority of watches I believe the answer is “no”.

The Owner's Manual will state a tolerance of -5 to +20 secs per day, but I have found that, out of the box, the vast majority of them sit at around +8 to +15 (at the most).
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

Since Oris does NOT manufacture their own movements (they are modified ETA movements) the question may be - Does ETA regulate their movements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information